21

2 Weeks Later -- Tuesday

I sat in the Cafeteria, eating alone since everyone seemed to be busy. I looked at my phone to check if I had any missed notifications. "Nothing.." I sighed, speaking to myself.

Ever since I got the news about my mother, everyone's been really distant. I was beginning to get irritated. I haven't talked to Leslie in about a week, Sophie's been giving off a vibe like she doesn't want me around. Sean, don't get me started with Sean, he hasn't been answering my calls or texts I went by his dorm and got no answer. I just gave up trying to get in contact with them.

I looked around at all the talkative people, scurrying around off to their classes or shared tables and sighed. I was feeling extra depressed now. I need the support of my friends and the fact that they were nowhere to be found hurt me.

I decided to throw the rest of my lunch in the trash not feeling up to eating it anymore. I walked out of the cafe on my way to my next class.

I walked through the double doors that led to my English Literature class, seeing that everyone was still settling down I took my regular seat pulling out my books waiting for the teacher to start their lecture.

After class, I slid out of my seat going out of the double doors I entered. I checked my phone once again, hoping there would be a message from someone...anyone. Seeing that there wasn't one I rolled my eyes feeling the depression taking over me. I really needed the comfort of my best friends and 'boyfriend'.

I made my way home in search of Diamond, I saw no sign of her. She was gone too. I sighed, defeated. I made my way to my room dropping my bag on the floor before flopping on to the bed, then I slowly fell into a deep slumber.

I soon woke up from my 3 hour nap. Stepping out of bed fully dressed I walked out into the living room seeing no one there. I walked to the kitchen and decided to make me a quick sandwich. I checked my Snapchat to see if anything was going on, the most recent updated story was Sean's. I clicked it eagerly, waiting for his face to pop up on the screen. It was a video of him playing basketball, shooting threes, dunking etc. I rolled my eyes as I swiped up to chat.

FayeLennox314: you can shoot 3's but can't console your gf?

5:43pm

I sent that with complete attitude. I had no clue on why everyone was acting so different. I wouldn't dare let myself shed a tear. I knew I was better than that, but this situation wasn't making me any better. "Fuck this.." I spoke softy to myself. I started to think about my mother and the condition she was in and how bad I wanted to see her right now. I wanted to hold her for as long as I could because I knew she didn't last long, but me being 2,000 miles away made my heart ache. I had to brace myself if I couldn't make it there, I've been working overtime at the mall just to save up for a ticket but the way my job was paying made it no better.

I had to work the rest of this week, I barely had anytime for practice. I was so tired, I might have to hold off on basketball for a minute. I checked my Snapchat, seeing that he had opened the snap but didn't reply. I rolled my eyes and threw my phone on the counter. I had no one to talk to, My eyes sparkled. Jordan. I immediately picked my phone back up in desperate need to talk to someone. I pulled up his number and clicked the call button.

"Hello?" I spoke softly.

"Hi, Faye. What's going on?" I bit my lip.

"Are you busy?"

"No, I'm actually just leaving a friends house. What's up?"

I'm surprised he's talking to me right now, ever since the fight with Sean I thought he wouldn't want to see me again.

"Could you come over to my place?" I looked around at the furniture.

"Uhh... Yeah, I guess. What's your address?"

I gave him my address, he told me he'll be here in no time.

I looked around deciding if I should straighten up a bit. I shook my head, walking to the couch turning on the TV waiting for Jordan to get here. I started to think about why he was so quick so drop everything and come over.

I heard a knock at the door, instantly getting up to answer it. I quickly walked to open the door. "Hey." Jordan spoke nonchalantly. I gave him a small smile. I opened the door wider so he could step in. "Nice place." he smiled. "Thanks." I awkwardly walked in front of him to sit on the couch. he trailed behind. "What'd you call me over for?" I looked at Jordan as he took a seat next to me. "Um.. I Just need to talk to someone everyone's been a little shaky lately."I admitted. "Well, i'm always here for you." he smirked. I was blushing so hard you'd like my skin color was red. "Thanks, your a good friend ya' know." I made myself comfortable next to him. "Yeah I am."

I ended up having the time of my life with Jordan. Nonstop laughter and him doing dumb stuff on my Snapchat. He ended up leaving around 9:30. I giggled as he tried to twerk in the middle of my living room. "Goodbye Jordan" I controlled my laughter as I pushed him to the doorway. "Aight, Aight.. I'm leaving." he turned around to face me. "Goodnight." I spoke. He pulled me into bear hug leaving me engulfed in his scent. I loved it. "Night gorgeous." he kissed my forehead before leaving. He opened the door before speaking. "Oh my bad." he spoke to someone, I couldn't see as his tall frame blocked my view. He walked away, and I finally saw who it was.

"Leslie?"

"Can we talk?"