Dont Lift Up The Covers

My friend lived in a huge house. I went over to spend the night usually once a week. One night her parents were out and we were up on her computer reading ghost stories when we received an odd popup.

"Don't look lift up the covers", it simply said. We looked at each other in puzzlement.
"Probably just something to scare all of the people on this site", she mumbled closing out of it, "And that expects to scare us how?", she asked. I shrugged.

We were sitting on her bed when we heard a loud thump. We both freaked out and hid under her bed. Then we heard it again, only closer. It sounded like it was on the stairs. And it was seeming to come closer when it stopped.

We convinced ourselves that it was just her kitten. We both didn't believe this, it was a lame explanation, but after reading all of the ghost stories we were paranoid and wanted to believe anything but what we were imagining.

"Go out and look", she whispered to me.
"No, you go look. You were the one that said it was just your kitten!", I replied.
"OK, we both know it isn't my kitten! I will give you 10 bucks, it is probably just.... Something", she said.
"Heck no! 10 dollars is way not enough! And what is 'something' supposed to be?", I whispered.
"Fine, 20 and something is probably my dad or dog or something!", she replied.

I knew she was worried and really scared. One, because she is REALLY cheap and doesn't buy anything or pay anybody to do anything for her while she could save a quick buck. And two, she didn't own a dog.

"Ok, I'll look, just a little bit though."
I pulled up her comforter just for me to see a little bit and I immediately peed my pants. There staring back at me was a man, definately NOT her dad.

He laughed in a crazed way. He pulled out a long butchers knife,
"I bet you wished you didn't lift up the covers!", he cackled.