An encounter with the fans

Dylan’s POV

Today Austin and I are going out to the mall with all of his friends. I’m kind of nervous; I mean don’t get me wrong I like his friends but, they don’t really know how to keep their mouths shut. They don’t understand that you’re supposed to think before you speak. Also I’m gonna have to meet more of Austin’s friends too because Alex is bringing his girlfriend and they all though it would be a good idea if she brought some of her friends so I could have some friends that are girls. Shit, that reminds me, Austin’s fans are gonna mob us as soon as we step foot in the mall. Stop Dylan, Stop; don’t ruin everything, I told myself. I walked into my closet and picked out an outfit. I picked out a pink tank top with braided straps and a pink lace satchel. I put on plain denim shorts and I slipped on my white lace TOMS. I walked over to the box where I keep my jewelry and put on a cross bracelet and an infinity bracelet. I then did my makeup. Not too fancy just some eye shadow, mascara and a little cover up. Next was my hair. I quickly straightened it and then did a braid that wrapped all the way around the back and then back to the front. After I was pleased with my appearance I grabbed my phone off the charger and walked downstairs.

“Hey sweaty, you look cute.” My mom said when I reached the living room.

“Thanks mom.” I answered.

“Me and your father are going out today and won’t be home till late tonight when you should be asleep. And your brother isn’t gonna be home either, he’s going out with Natalie.” My mom told me.

“Who’s Natalie?” I asked confusingly.

“The girl of the week.” My Mom and I both started cracking up and then I heard a knock at the door.

“That’s Austin.” I said, and started walking to the door.

“Go get um girl!” My Mom encouraged me. I just laughed. I opened the door, expecting to see Austin, but when I opened the door, a blonde girl stood in front of me.

“Hi.” She said with a perky smile on her face.

“Um hi.” I said. Who is she? I thought.

“I’m Sarah, Alex’s girlfriend.”

“Oh Hi I’m Dylan it’s nice to meet you.” I said putting out my hand, but she gave me a hug instead.

“Everyone’s waiting for us over at Austin’s house so we should probably head over there.” Sarah told me.

“Ok, let’s go!” we walked down my driveway in silence and then it was broken.

“So are you and Austin together?” Sarah asked. Surprisingly, that question never popped in my mind. I didn’t even know how to answer it. I mean he did tell me how much he liked me and he did say that he wanted to “take it slow” but does that really mean we’re together? “Hello, Dylan. Earth to Dylan.” Sarah said, snapping me out of my thoughts.

“Oh yeah um…” Was all I could get out.

“He never talked about it did he?” she asked me.

“No, I admitted.”

“That’s not good Dylan. He’s a player you know. He always has a new girl and if he never said that you guys were together, than you’re probably just one of his many hookups.” My heart dropped at the words that just escaped from Sarah’s mouth. I felt so stupid. I should have known this would happen. I wanted to turn around, run back into my house and cry my eyes out, but I didn’t; I just kept walking. I was going to get to the bottom of this. We walked into Austin’s house without another word. I stormed up to Austin’s room and opened the door. There stood Alex, Robert, Zack, Tyler and three slutty girls. One of them was all over Tyler, another was all over Robert and the other got Zack.

“Where’s Austin?” I asked in an angry tone, but believe me, I was way past angry.

“In the kitchen,” Alex told me, “are you ok?”

“Never been better.” I smiled sarcastically and left the room. I walked into the kitchen and there was Austin standing in front of the fridge, shirtless.

“Hey babe.” He said, turning away from the fridge and walking to give me a hug.

“When were you planning on dropping me? Next week, tomorrow, today?” I asked him angrily.

“What are you talking about?” he asked, confused.

“Sarah told me about how you play girls and you have a new girl every week. So when were you going to drop me for the next girl?”

“Dylan I’m not. I really like-“ he started but I cut him off.

“No you don’t. You just want what you want and once you get it, you’ll leave, like everyone else.”

“Dylan if I just wanted something from you then why would I have stopped you yesterday?” His words were true.

“But then how come you never said we were a couple?”

“I didn’t know I had to say it, I just kinda thought we were together.” That made me happy on the inside but on the outside I was still upset. Austin got down on one knee and I was really confused.

“Dylan Howard, will you be my girlfriend?” He asked. I blushed more than ever and the biggest smile snuck onto my lips.

“Yes.” I said. Suddenly I heard a bunch of people behind me say “Awww” in unison and I turned around to see Sarah, Alex, Robert, Zack, Tyler and the three girls. Austin stood up, picked me up and spun me around. He looked down at my lips and smiled and then he kissed me. It was the most passionate kiss I have ever been lucky enough to receive.

“You guys are so cute!” one of the girls said as we pulled away. Austin stood behind me and wrapped his arms around the front of me.

We took two cars to the mall; Austin’s and Roberts. In Austin’s car it was me, Sarah, Alex, and one of Sarah’s friends. I soon found out that her name was Bella. The other girls were Maddie and Jess. They’re all really nice and I think we’ll be really good friends. We arrived at the mall and Austin held my hand as we walked into the mall. The whole walk from the car to the mall entrance I prepared myself for the screaming fans and photos. When we walked through the door it was calm for a few minutes but then one little girl spotted him and screamed “IT’S AUSTIN MAHONE!” and then every girl in the mall took their phone out of their pocket and ran towards us. Austin reached into his pocket and took out a sharpie and I was confused. He expected this to happen and he didn’t warn me? As the first few girls walked away happily with their autographs Alex leaned over and whispered in my ear

“This is gonna take a while.” He said. I turned around and saw they were all sitting down on a bench over to the side of all the chaos so I let go of Austin’s hand and walked over to them. I sat down and stared over at Austin; he didn’t even notice that I let go of his hand.