Seventeen

"Ahem."

I was woken up by a very irritated Australian and groggily detached myself from calum.

"What?" I grumbled.

Luke raised an eyebrow, hands folded behind his back. He dramatically surveyed Calum snoozing next to me.

"What are you two doing? In my bed?"

"Sleeping. We were sleeping." I yawned, pushing myself up to sit.

"In my bed?"

"Yeah." I raised my eyebrows, giving him a 'duh' face. "Why does it matter?"

"Other males should not be sleeping in my bed." He pursed his lips.

"Michael slept in your bed. He's taken a nap in every bed of the house."

"He what?!" Luke's eyebrows shot up in surprise. 

"What is going on?" Calum groaned, propping himself up on his elbow.

"You." Luke pointed his finger at Calum. "Out of my bed." 

"Fiiine, I'll continue my nap in my room." Calum replied haughtily, sassily walking to the door.

"Care to join, Costas?" Calum winked. 

"Dude, that's just weird. Don't wink." Michael replied from somewhere above us.

"What the actual fuck Clifford?!" Luke shouted.

"Are you mad because I'm in the duct, or mad because I slept in your bed with a girl?"

"You were with a girl?!" Luke screeched.

I'll bet he was already mentally burning his bedding.

"Well technically Daniel was, his girlfriend Jasmine. You know, otp, hashtag dasmine."

I giggled loudly.

"You know I like Megan, luke. Why didn't you introduce us sooner?" A lion paw could be seen through the vent.

Luke sighed, pinching the bridge of his nose. "My bed is off limits to EVERYONE but Megan, or other people I invite, okay?"

"Capiche Capitan." Michael replied.

Luke promptly groaned with frustration.

"I like michael." I laughed, stepping out into the hallway.

"He certainly adds a bit of mischief." Calum grinned.

"And luke adds the annoying factor, Ashton is the serious one, so which one are you?"

"He adds too much mystery! He never speaks!" Luke shouted from his bedroom where he was, no doubt, preparing to burn his precious threadcount.

"I think he talks plenty enough!" I hollered.

A loud 'pfft' could be heard from here to California.

"But seriously, I like how much you talk. Not too much, not too little." I smiled at Cal, following him to his room. "And everything you say has a reason. Its not random, there's no rambling. Its refreshing."

"I just say whatever I feel like." Calum laughed.

"Sometimes your words connect with someone and mean something more to them. They interpret it as they like, and maybe whatever you said is exactly what they needed to hear at that time."

Calum cocked his head. "Is there an instance in particular you're talking about?"

I tapped my chin as though I was deep in thought. "Wasted days, dreaming of the times I know I can't get back. It seems I just lost track."