Chapter 4: Resistance

***Warning: Mature/Disturbing/Upsetting Content***

Yay! A double update! Maybe ill even add another chapter if I feel creative enough.

Enjoy the action XD

**********************************************************************************

Pavement.

The only sound in the alley was the scraping of my combat boots.

My fingers brushed the brick wall to help keep me steady.

12:50. I had to get back to the car. But my mind was like a muddy swamp. My thoughts kept curling and twisting around each other. I didn't know what street I was on. My head pounded. The fun buzz had worn off what seemed like a lifetime ago. I was so stupid. So so stupid. Why did I take drinks from random people? I could've easily been slipped something. After the first two clubs the rest of the night had been a blur. Once my buzz wore off I realized what time it was and now here I am, in another alley street I swore was right by where I parked.

Tears slipped down my face as I realized I had gone down yet another wrong street. What am I going to do? I was trembling so hard and my vision was so distorted I couldn't even use my phone for much more than the time. My shoe collided with the wall as I tried to release my anger. I didn't even tell Cassidy where I was going. So stupid.

The low sound of another pair of footsteps brought me to attention. I backed up against the wall. Around the corner of the alley I could hear someone walking slowly. My breath became heavy. The low whistle of a man carried through the air. There was my gut again, screaming danger. This time I listened. Backing up slowly, I went back the way I came, keeping my head down and walking at a good clip.

I was almost at the end when I heard the man turn and come down the same alley. My heart raced as I picked up my pace even more, turning the corner onto the better lit street. I heard his pace increase as well.

Oh my god. Oh my god.

I started to run.

He started to run.

He's coming after me. I'm drunk. No one knows where I am. I can't use my phone. I'm lost.

These panicked thoughts flashed through my head. Tears streamed down my face mixing with beads of sweat.

Smack, smack, smack. My feet beat against the pavement. Bang, bang, bang. He was closing the distance between us.

I ran harder, faster, giving it my everything. What the hell am I going to do? Where the fuck do I go? I ran through the empty intersection, the man practically on my heels.

"SOMEONE HELP ME!" I screamed at the top of my lungs, "ANYONE, HELP ME!"

My voice was raw, hopeless. Not loud enough.

Then it happened.

My foot caught an uneven edge in the sidewalk and I went flying at the concrete.

Every bone in my body ached after the impact. I slowly lifted myself up onto my hands and knees. The man was laughing. Tears poured out of my eyes and I stared up at the stars. If there's a God up there, I thought, please don't let me die tonight. My fingers wiped away my tears to reveal my pursuer. The Man who grabbed my wrist at the first bar, the one who spiked my drink. Holy Hell.

"That was quite a show you just put on there, sweetheart." He laughed, barely winded. "I don't appreciate girls who resist."

Grabbing me by my hair, he pulled me to my feet. I let out a scream and threw an elbow into his face. A howl of pain erupted from his mouth and I tried to run again, only to have my knees give way from a sharp kick from behind.