Chapter 8: Chasing the Aftershock

Hello my sugar dumplings:)

I'm so glad everyone is enjoying my story:) almost 200 reads YAY! I'm still looking for someone to make a trailer for me. If you do, or know anyone who does, PM me<3 the new cover is by @presumptuous it's amazing!

Onto the chappie!

*************************************************************************************

*Niall POV*

The hospital finally came into view. I could help but feel butterflies all through my stomach. God, what was happening to me?

"Now boys she might not be here anymore since-" Paul began, but we were already off the bus.

I jogged in, Harry behind me. Where do we start?

"Excuse me miss?" Harry called to the nurse at the front desk.

"Good afternoon sir," she smiled back.

"Um, we are looking for a girl," he continued, "she came in here about 8ish this morning?"

"Can you tell me her name?" She questioned.

Harry turned to me with a panicked look. We didn't know her last name. I stepped forward.

"We just met her recently, and dropped her off here off this morning," I explained, "we only know her first name, it's Olivia."

"She's about 5'5, Caucasian, red hair, hazel eyes." Harry backed me up.

"Oh excuse my interruption," said a woman in a white doctors coat, "I'm Dr. Palmero, I believe I know who you're talking about."

Excitement fan through my veins. We're going to find her! Maybe she was hurt worse than we thought and they decided to keep her here. We chatted with the doctor a bit and concluded that yes, she did have Olivia. Olivia Gates was her full name.

"I need to ask you a question though," Dr. Palmero whispered, "do you know what happened to her? The story she told me just didn't seem to fit."

Harry glanced over to me and I gave my head a slight shake. Maybe Olivia didn't want anyone to know that we were involved last night, and that's why the doctor didn't connect us to Olivia at first.

"No we don't know much of anything," Harry chuckled, playing off the question, "we are just trying to find our friend first."

A suspicious look crossed Dr. Palmero's eyes for a split second.

"Well," she said carefully, "I'm afraid I don't know where she's gone. Good day boys."

Damn it! So much for finding her easily. The doctor threw a small glance back at us. Why did she seem so suspicious? Why didn't she believe Olivia's story? I mean how unbelievable is it for a girl to be attacked? I mean we witnessed it, it's not like she made it up.

We turned to leave when a nurse stopped us.

"Hey, I know who yins are talking about too," she whispered, glancing around to see if anyone was watching.

"Please, will you help us?" Harry begged.

"It's better we went outside," she whispered, glancing around again. We were going to find her.

Once outside the nurse, Tara, led us over to a bench.

"This is where I met her," she began, "I came out for a smoke and saw this 16 something girl just sitting alone. It's not an everyday sight so I investigated."

I focused my eyes on a pine tree in the distance. I wished she'd just get to the damn point.

"I'm pretty sure she was running away," Tara continued, "she asked me where a cheap place to stay was so I told her to get a room at the Motel 6 on Banksville Avenue. As if on cue, cab rolled up. She hopped in, and that's the last I've seen her."