Chapter 9: Brick Walls

Hi! Sorry I've not updated for a while. Stuff has been busy. But here is the new chapter:)

Enjoy xx

*************************************************************************************++

"Suprise!"

My mouth hung open as I took in the scene in front of me. Niall, Harry, and Paul were stretched out on my bed eating the pizza I had ordered earlier.

"You shouldn't leave your front door unlocked, love," Harry smiled, wiping off bit of sauce.

"You shouldn't be breaking into people's motel rooms!" I fired back.

My heart was racing. I just kept thinking of the people in the alley, and the picture they had of the man. My head spun just thinking about it. The boys noticed my state of distress.

"What's wrong?" Niall asked, rolling off the bed and approaching me.

The images kept racing through my mind. The Man. The picture. Running. Running. Punches in the stomach. The Mafia Man. Running. Tripping. Drinks. Clubs. Doctors office. Possible Pregnancy. Rain. Sweetheart. Running.

They all were off the bed now, slowly getting closer to me. Niall placed a warm hand on my arm and looked into my panicked eyes.

"What's wrong, sweetheart?" He murmured.

Sweetheart. That's what the man called me.

I pivoted, ripping myself out of Niall's grasp and jerked the door open.

"Olivia!" I heard Harry shout, but I didn't stop.

I kept running on the wet pavement. It's all I seemed to do these days. Run. The images kept cycling through my mind. Why didn't I tell Dr. Palmero? I'm so goddamn stupid! The boys were chasing after me but I took no notice. I couldn't stop. I wouldn't stop. Not till I had worn myself out. Running cleared my head. I could just focus on my heartbeat, or the pressure of my lungs. Their yells for me to stop echoed in my head as if in a dream. A sob shook my body.

Sounds of my pursuers stopped. I stole a glance behind me to see no one there. Where had they gone? Maybe they stopped a while ago. I slowed my sprint to a stop. My muscles ached and I sat down on the dirty sidewalk, dampening my leggings. Well there goes my only comfortable clothes. My head fell in my hands. Why was I such a fuck up? It was my fault I was raped. I drank all those fruity cocktails given to me. I didn't go with someone who could get me home. I was so. so. stupid. I deserved to die that night.

Anger bubbled up inside my stomach. I can't live like this.

*Niall POV*

Harry and I had given up on chasing down Olivia. Damn that girl had some fast legs on her. And it was hard to run in jeans. Paul had gone back to the room in case she circled back. Harry went left and I continued her path straight.

I didn't know what was going on with her. I thought she would be glad to see us. She walked into the room like she had just witnessed a murder and then she saw us and practically had a heart attack. I wonder if that monster had tried to get after her again. We can't let her go again. As long as he's on the streets she needs to be safe with us.

I turned the corner and looked around. Nothing.

Where the hell had she gone? Running around like this could get us into trouble. Who knew what kind of people roamed the streets during the evening in these parts. Night was coming we had to find her.

*Olivia POV*

I threw a fist into the brick wall. The pain felt distant. I deserved it. I deserved it all.