12

Authors note: I think I've mentioned this before, but I picture Annabelle to look like the beautiful and incredibly talented Chloe Grace Moretz :) I am a big fan of hers!! Anyways I hope you enjoy this chapter 💓
--
We climbed into Harry's car. He seemed irritable so I refrained from asking too many questions.
"We're going to be in here for a while, baby girl." He said with a big sigh.
"So where are we going?" I asked.
"California." He answered.
"But that's so far away."
"Yes, Belle. I know. That's the point." California. I've always dreamed about going there. From my small town in Pennsylvania I never really thought about anywhere else, until now.
"But we have a few stops to make, okay?" Harry took his eyes off the road to look at me. I nodded and smiled.
For a second, I had forgotten about everything and got lost in Harry's eyes. I looked away quickly and back out the window. Everything was silent now, except for the sounds of the tires against the gravel road.
I watched as the town that I had known my whole life disappeared in the rear view mirror. It was a bittersweet moment. My 15 years of living I had always imagined getting out of here, but not quite like this. I pushed all those thoughts out of my head and resumed gazing out the window.
Vacant fields soon turned into small towns, small towns turned into cities.
I had been sleeping on and off throughout the ride and I was quite disoriented.
"Harry, where are we?" I said, rubbing my eyes.
"Philadelphia." He answered. He wasn't the least bit tired.
We pulled up in front of a big building, which looked to be a store. Harry got out of the car and walked around to open the door for me.
"Thank you." I said, stepping out of the car.
We walked into the store, which had the most loveliest clothing I had ever seen. Fur coats, blouses, and dresses. It was a sight I had never seen before, and I was in awe.
"Pick out anything. Anything you want, ok?" Harry said.
"R-really?" I was speechless.
"Yes, baby girl. It's all for you."
I hugged him as tightly as I could.
"How can I repay you?"
He winked. "Later." He mouthed.
I blushed, giggling.
I walked throughout the store and found a fur coat, a pearl necklace, and a lace dress. "Do you like these?" I asked for Harry's approval.
"I love them. You look beautiful."
I blushed, once again. How many times could Harry make me blush in a day?
Harry took the clothes in his arms and carried them up to the cashier.
"Wow, you are one lucky girl." The cashier, a well dressed older women, commented. I smiled awkwardly, not sure if she was referring to Harry or the clothes.
"I wish my dad treated me like this when I was little."
Harry froze. Oh god.
"Oh, he's not my -" I began to say.
"Yes. I love my daughter, she deserves it." Harry smiled, tensely.
"And I love my daddy." I said, putting my hand on Harry's back.
He looked down at me and bit his lip. I just smiled and watched as the cashier put my new clothes in bags.
We walked out the store, and got back into the car. Harry whispered "Fuck. Don't do that in public."
"Do what?" I said, running my hand up his thigh slowly.
"My god, Annabelle." He titled his head back.
I removed my hand and crossed my arms.
He looked at me as if to say keep going. But I just looked forward and waited for him to start driving. He shook his head and we started down the road again.