11

Harry's POV

4:01 am
I woke to the sound of banging at my door. Who would be insane enough to be awake at this hour? I sighed and groggily made my way down the stairs.
When I opened the door I saw something that made my heart sink.
There was my angel, standing 5'4 in the doorway with tears running down her perfect face. My first thought was, "who did this to you?"
"Annabelle?" I grabbed her by her wrist and immediately pulled her inside.
"Harry," she sobbed into my chest. She wrapped her arms around my torso.
"What happened?" I asked, with a gentle but stern tone in my voice.
"My dad..he had a gun. And he was holding it to my mom's head. He was drunk. And my sister is still there and I didn't know where else to go-"
"Shh," i held her tightly against my chest.
"You can stay here for a while." I ensured her.
"I- I just need a place to stay, Harry." She cried, her icy blue eyes glistening with tears.
I held her even tighter and breathed in her scent. I wish I could stay in this moment forever. Just me and her, nobody else to interfere.
"Come upstairs." I ordered her, she followed me obediently.
I led her into my bedroom.
"Sit on the bed." I said. Again, she did what she was told.
I unbuttoned the shirt of my pyjamas and set it aside.
I undressed her and slid her into my shirt. It was so big on her tiny body.
She crawled underneath my silk sheets and wrapped them tightly around herself.
"Goodnight Harry. I love you." She whispered.
"I love you too." I played with her hair until we both fell asleep.

The next morning
Annabelle's POV

I woke up next to Harry. He was awake, and smiled once he saw I was too.
"Good morning." He said quietly.
I shifted closer to him.
I remembered the events of last night and my stomach started to hurt with anxiousness. I prayed to God that my mother and Maria were somewhere safe. It killed me every second not knowing if they were alive or not.
"What's on your mind?" Harry asked, tucking a strand of hair behind my ear.
"Nothing, I guess." I replied in a groggy morning voice.
"You're so lovely." He grinned widely.
I sat up, and kissed him.
I reached over Harry to turn on the radio that sat on his bedside table.
Breaking news. A report of a missing child has been brought to us by local police. Annabelle Taylor was last seen late last night at her family's residence. Annabelle is 15, 5'4, blonde and blue eyed. The family is offering a cash reward of $100,000 for anyone who gives information leading to Annabelle's whereabouts. Thank you for your time.
Me and Harry glared at each other.
My first thought was no. No, no, no. This can't be happening. The police are looking for me.
I tried to look at Harry but he just looked away. "Belle, what have you gotten us into." He said, shaking his head.
"Its not my fault, ok?!" I raised my voice.
Harry roughly grabbed my wrist.
"Don't use that tone with me. You understand?" He spoke aggressively.
I nodded.
"Sorry." I said sheepishly. He just kept shaking his head with disapproval.
"We need to get out of here. And fast. I have somewhere we can go." Harry said, quickly getting out of bed.
"Get dressed please."
I immediately did what I was told.
I grabbed my clothes from last night and put them on. Seconds later Harry came out of the bathroom looking handsome as ever.
I watched him as he threw a couple things into a suitcase.
His cologne, a map, a few of his sweaters, a pair of pyjamas, and a book.
"What about me?" I asked.
He stopped and looked over at me.
"Don't worry. I'll get it taken care of. You'll see." He said, and I trusted him.
He grabbed his car keys and slipped them into his pocket.
"Wear these." He handed me a pair of sunglasses. I put them on right away.
He let out a sigh.
"Okay. Let's go."