5

It had been a week since my parents had told me about the thing.
God I don't even want to say the word.
I watched my mom's shaky hand sign her name across the dotted line. She held back tears and swallowed hard.
My father did the same.
That night I heard Mom sobbing quietly on the bathroom floor while my dad sat in the parlour drinking until he passed out.
Maria was a wreck, she was never home anymore. Always out with her boyfriend who I've never met, but she tells me great things about him. She said she has to keep his name a secret.
-
"I never want to see you again!"
I awoke to the sounds of my parents arguing, and my heart dropped. I heard my mom screaming at my father, followed by the sound of glass shattering. I felt my eyes swelling with tears. Make it stop, I kept repeating in my head.
I slowly got out of bed and tip-toed to Maria's room, where I found her crying on the floor.
"I hear it too," She whispered, gesturing me to come sit with her.
I did, and we hugged each other for the first time in years.
"I love you, Belle," she cried.
"I love you too," 
-
The next morning I woke up after barely getting 2 hours of sleep.
Tutoring.
I immediately sat up and shot out of bed, going to take a shower. I had to make sure that I looked nice for Mr. Styles especially after what happened last time.
Oh yeah..
It was the last thing on my mind with everything else going on. How on earth could I forget about that?
I blushed just thinking about it.
It was a Monday so that meant our sessions started earlier.
I tried to look as nice as I could, despite the fact I was sleep deprived.
There was a knock at the door.
My heart stopped. He was here. I ran down to the door and eagerly opened it.
And there he was, standing perfectly in the doorway.
He grinned when our eyes met.
"Come in," I smiled.