Chapter 9: She's A Runaway

Little Joe's POV

"Hey are you still not up yet-" I said, laughing, as I walked into Saphira's room.

But what I saw here would make the hairs on my back stand on end in fear.

Empty.

The only thing that was left was a note on the bed.

"I don't belong. You wouldn't want me if you knew the truth about how horrible I am really. I don't belong here. Don't come after me."

And right beside the note was all the clothes, everything we had bought for her. Not only that. Her window was open.

Oh no.

"PA!!!"
¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

*Regular POV*

Even though he's grown into a vicious, cruel, cold and heartless monster, he's the only family I got.

...maybe it's better this way.

"I'm so glad we're back together again, Little sis. Aren't you?" Tucker said.

"Sure." I shrugged as I smoothed my fingers across my tattered skirt.

"You should be. I'm the only family you got." Tucker laughed.

"Yeah..."

"And since we're family, and I'm clearly your older brother, you're gonna do something for me." Tucker said, coming over and cocking his gun against my head.

I felt a gulp of nervousness in the back of my throat like always when he threatened me-

"Let her go. Now."

I looked for the voice. So familiar. It was Joe, with a gun in hand.

"Pfft. Who are you?" Tucker said, putting a hand on his hip,"her boyfriend?"

"Maybe." Joe said as I began to blush, "Let her go."

"You have no right to her. Why should I?" Tucker rolled his eyes.

"Because you'll have some real trouble if you don't, Stranger." Joe said.

"Okay. Sure." Tucker said, in disbelief, as he suddenly pulled out a knife and held it to my throat, "Now as I said before-"

Without even having a chance to finish, Joe pounced on him, grabbed his wrist and broke it, forcing him to drop the knife. Joe then punched him in the face twice, and then jerked him off the ground. Tucker then pulled his gun on Joe, but Joe was too quick for him and Joe shot him in the arm.

"Damn, man. Whatever. I'm out." Tucker said, as he held his arm in pain, jumped on his horse, and fled out.

I then stood, backed my way to some trees and ran through the brustle of them. Ran as fast as I could.

But unluckily for me, Joe grabbed me and we went rolling down a hill and into some dirt. With him on top of me, when we came to a stop, he grasped my shoulders.

"Did he kidnap you?" Joe asked me.

I looked away from him.

"Saphira!" He shook me, "Did he kidnap you?"

"No Joe!" I said, my eyes flared up in anger, "Now get off of me."

Joe sighed and rolled his eyes, but did as I said.

"Then what are you doing out here?!" Joe asked.

"It is none of your business!" I said.

"Oh yes it is. You're my responsibility, Saphira. Why are you out here? What was that note about??" Joe asked.

"Little Joe, there are just some things you CAN'T know." I said, crossing my arms.

"Oh my god, you are so-" he said, getting angry, "Ya know what, whatever, let's just go home."

"I'm not going anywhere." I said.

"Oh yes you are." Joe said, grabbing my arm and dragging me along.

I groaned in annoyance.

All I could think of is what a huge mistake he is making.