Chapter 10: Dances of The Past

I pulled the last of my dress on and buttoned up the back. I took a glance at my reflection in the mirror, a peach colored dress with my hair in a bun, with my wavy bangs hanging down, with a pink flower pin in my hair.

One might think I looked like a beauty.

But not me.

I took a look at my right shoulder, leading down t my chest which where was located a huge scar. It was a scar I got when I was 6. When Jesse James kidnapped me and I tried to runaway. He had a knife to make this blunt.

I sighed. No time to dwell on this when there was a party downstairs. The Cartwrights thought I had been doing good so far that they decided to throw a party and officially introduce me to the society of Virginia City.

Grabbing my fan and a little courage, I walked downstairs into the party.

"Well, there you are, we were wondering when you were gonna come down." Candy laughed.

"As was I." I smiled.

"So what do you think of it?" Candy implied about the party.

"Its alright. I guess." I shrugged.

"Hey, don't be nervous, okay?" Candy said, patting my arm, "it'll be okay. Promise."

"Thanks." I smiled.

Candy then went away to talk to some friends, I looked around for a moment and decided to get some punch.

I was about to pour some into a glass, until the glass was taken from me by a blonde girl in a pink dress and two of her friends surrounded me.

"Sorry this punch is not for....harlots." she said, smirking.

"Please..." I sighed, not wanting to deal with this.

"Since when do the Cartwrights take in a whore and make her a royal slut?" She laughed.

"Leave me alone." I said.

"You know I'm right, they'll never accept you once they find out the truth. Especially Little Joe...you whore." She smirked and started laughing.

I then ran out the door.

I don't know if I can take much more of this.
{'''''''''''''''''''''''''}
Little Joe's POV

I noticed the door to outside had been slammed open and shut, and somebody had went out.

"Hey Pa." I went over to him.
"Yeah son?" He said, patting my shoulder.
"Did you see who went out?" I asked.
"Pardon?" Pa asked, not hearing me.
"Pa, did you see who went out?" I said, getting a little nervous and agitated.
"No son, I didn't." Pa said.

Oh great.

"Hoss! Hoss, did you see who just went outside?" I asked him.
"Yeah just Saphira." Hoss said, carelessly.

Oh no.

I quickly ran outside in fear of her most likely running away again.

"Saphira! SAPHIRA!" I yelled for her.

I then saw a horse galloping away from the Ponderosa, I then looked down at my feet and saw pink flower pin. It was hers.

Damn.
¤♡¤♡¤♡¤♡¤♡¤♡¤♡¤

*Regular POV*

I had ridden down to the lake on Bella, wondering if I should ride up into the mountains or stick to a ground trail.