Chapter 14: Go Slowly

"We missed you for lunch."

Little Joe.

"Oh, um," I said with a slight laugh, as I was grooming my Bella, "I just got so lost in riding with Bella today, didn't know so much time had passed."

As much as I've gotten to trust Joe and mainly only him, I wouldn't usually hide around the edges around him but...

in truth?

It seems me and Joe are starting to get close. I've never been with someone this way before. I've never even had a best friend or even a boyfriend before. It just felt strange getting close and being close to someone.

And its kinda scary.

"Its okay, I mean, it's good for your horse to get to know you and you to get to know your horse." Joe smiled, "it creates a bond."

"How long have you had Cochise?"I asked.

"Since he was a foal." Joe said.

"Well," I smiled, "I can see why you take such pride in him, he's a very beautiful pinto."

"Exactly why so many have tried to steal him from me." Joe said.

"How did you manage to stop that?" I asked.

"Well lots of luck and I was so dang mad, I'd do anything to get my trademark back." Joe said.

"Your trademark? Really?" I said, with my brows raised.

"Yup. You don't think my charming and glamorous personality would be complete without my Cochise, now do you?" Joe joked.

"Glamorous? Okay, whatever, Little Joe." I laughed and rolled my eyes.

"Yeah..." Joe said, as he put a small daisy in my hair, "...like you."

Magnetic.
Connected.

There we were our eyes attached to one another, it was almost he could see right through me. He could see EVERYTHING.

And I longed to tell him one other secret.

"Joe, I have to tell you something, I-"

"Joseph! Get out here! We have cattle loose!" His Pa yelled.

Joe then smoothed his hand across my cheek, as he then let go and walked away, leaving his warmth with me.

Magnetic.
Connected.