Names and Characters: Explained

COLD TOMORROW: CHARACTERS

Due to the (sometimes) complex and confusing nature of this story and its plot, I have decided to help you guys out by creating a chapter that explains who's who, their relation to other characters, and their names. Especially, I am creating this in response to the Melissa/Sarah confusion, as I understand that you may need a refresher before jumping into this sequel. If you have any other questions about things, post them below and I'll answer them at the end of this chapter. So here we go. 

(Also, if the images don't load, make sure you have a strong wifi/data connection. Or alternatively, if you're on a phone, try reading this chapter on a computer.)

THE PROTAGONIST

Melissa, the main character in book 1 and book 2

Melissa, the main character in book 1 and book 2. Even though she's swapped back and looks different, she will continue to use the name 'Melissa', as it is the name she has grown up with. Keep in mind, her appearance in the second image is her 'true' or 'original' body (i.e. the one she was born with before being swapped in the first place).

THE BEST FRIEND

Sarah, Melissa's childhood friend in book 1

Sarah, Melissa's childhood friend in book 1. Even though she now looks as Melissa did in the first book, she too will continue to be addressed by the name she grew up with. The second image is of her 'original' body.

THE MOTHER

Katherine is Melissa's birth mother, but has raised Sarah. She is a mother to both girls, even though Melissa alternates between calling her 'Katherine' and 'my mother'. 

THE FATHER

The father Melissa grew up with, called Thomas, is not her biological father but Sarah's. However, Melissa will continue to refer to him as 'dad' or 'my father', while Sarah is will be a bit more hesitant and most often use his name.

THE ANTAGONIST

Patrick, the antagonist from book 1, is Melissa's biological uncle, making him Katherine's brother.