Chapter 8

***Jay's p.o.v.*** 

I wake up that morning around 9:26am Jack's not here obviously, and neither are one of the notes he leaves me. I sigh as I crawl out of bed and too the bathroom. I take a shower, brush my teeth, get dressed, then finally collapse onto my bed. I look up at the ceiling fan and watch it spin in circles. I try to figure out how to spend my day without Jack. I'm not obsessed or paranoid, but I've grown used to going over to Jack's place. My friend Nia and Lashona are at summer camp, Cody went to visit his grandparents in Florida and Samantha has a summer job babysitting. So I'm left all alone at home. I walk into the hallway and head towards Tristan's room. He's on his laptop looking at chicks in bikinis on Google images. 

" What are you doing?" I say. 

"N-nothing. You should really start knocking you know," he says as he close is the server.  

"No need to knock if your doing what your suppose too " I say playfully sitting next to him on his bed. 

"So you gonna tell mom?" 

"Naaa, its no big deal."  

" Your the best. Soooo, what brings you to my lair?" he asks in his h 

best imitation of the joker. 

"I don't know. I'm just board. Do you wanna play with me?" 

"Wow. Haven't heard that one since you where 4," he says as he locks me in his arms and starts rubbing my hair wirb his fist. 

"Stop, your messing up my hair!" 

We laugh as I struggle to break free. We laugh some more and I throw a pillow at him. Next thing I know we're in this kung-fu pillow fight. I throw pillows at him and he karate chops them. We play together for a few hours then I jump on his back. 

"Piggyback!!!" I yell. 

He runs around his room about five times before taking a break. 

"Wow. Your not as light as you used to be," he set panting as he drops me on the bed. I laugh. I then hear a ding from my back pocket. I pull out my phone and see a text message in my inbox. It's from Jack. 

Jack: Jay, turns out ill be away longer than expected. about 2 days max. wait 4 me. love ya <3. 

I smile amd text back. 

Me: k see you soon. love u :). 

As soon as I press send, Tristan's snatches my phone from my hands. 

"Who you texting? Your booooy friend." 

He holds my phone above my head far from my reach as I jump and try to get it back. 

"Come on Tristan. Give me my phone back." 

"Come and get it," he says holding it higher in the air. 

"I'm gonna tell mom," I whine. 

"Go ahead, tell,"  

" About the bikini babes, okay," I say heading towards the door. 

" NO NO NO WAIT!!" 

He slams the door before I get to it. 

"Hear I'm sorry," he says holding it out. 

I'm about to take it but he lifts it in the air again. 

"Promise you won't tell," he says. 

"Okay I promise." 

He drops the phone into my hands then petting my head. 

" Good girl." 

I freeze for a moment. I think about Jack and about how he called me a good girl the first time I met him and the first time he held me. 

" What's wrong?" Tristan asks. 

"N-nothing, I'm fine." 

I walk back to my room. I go to my closet and look for Jack's scalpel through the mountain of junk in my closet. I find it and hold it cloce to me and I think about him. I spend the rest of the day helping my mom, watching tv, and goofing off on my laptop. At the end of the day, I eat my dinner of steak with mashed potatoes and gravy. I do the dishes and then get ready for bed. I brush my teeth, change into my pj's, flop into bed and hope that Jack would be able to come early. I hope he's okay. I close my eyes and drift to sleep still holding his scalpel under my pillow. 

The next morning, I get up and do my usual routine of eating, bathing, ect. than finally, getting dressed. I look around my room. No notes from Jack. I check my cellphone. No new messages from Jack. I go outside my balcony and sit in one of the chairs. I stare off in to the view of the woods. Daydreaming about the endless situations that could be happening in Slender Woods or the mansion. I sigh. I think I'm worrying too much. Jack can take care of himself. 

~~~8 daya later~~~ 

I'm going to lose it!!! Its been eight days since I last saw him. No notes, to text messages, nothing, and every time I call it goes straight to voicemail. It's not like him to not answer his phone when I call. I tried sending him a message every night but in the morning the was no reply. Sonethings definitely wrong here. For all I know, he could be in danger. That could explain why he didn't answer his phone, but for eight days!? I decide to go look for him. Despite the fact he told me to wait. But I can't wait. I HAVE too know if he's okay! 

A/N: sorry to cut things short but, I have my reasons. any way, I have something special planned for a future chapter * wink wink*. thanx 4 reading, please l.v.c. & and thank you.