Going...

Autumn reached the circus at around 5pm.

Her gran had been silent and didn't complain when Autumn came into the room to feed her.

Autumn had on the same black jeans as yesterday, boots and a burgundy top under her leather jacket.

Quickly she entered the circus grounds, with the crowd chattering around her.

The place was mobbed, each stall had 10 people surrounding it. The longest queue to a stand was at the back and peaked Autumns interest. From watch she could see it was a queue of kids with tired mothers and father being dragged down to the face paints.

Autumn tried to look for Jerome and walked up beside the line, not wanting to get her face painted either. There was only two brunette girls and they looked exhausted, one painting a tiger and the other Spiderman. Autumn sighed before tapping one of the girls on the shoulder gently.

"End of the queue like everybody else" The tone was harsh, causing Autumn to flinch. "I'm looking for Jerome is he here?"

The one she had tapped (tiger painter) paused before turning round, "Should be here but he's probably with his mom" The girl pointed to the rows of trailers. "Find him later if you ask me" The girl smiled in goodbye before returning to the impatient little boy with half a tiger face.

Autumn looked at the trailers and decided it wouldn't hurt to have a look for him.

Hugging her arms she plodded through the squishy mud path towards the trailers, each one similar in shape and length. The way to figure out who's trailer was who was what was about it. A bundle of hula hoops for example on the nearest trailer to Autumn's right. Autumn saw aerial silks, juggling balls, clown costumes and slightly scary empty cages.

In a small circle of trailers, Autumn had found herself in, she found a red snake cage with the words:

Snake Dancer

HALY'S CIRCUS

Autumn kneeled beside the cage and looked at the snake. What did Jerome say it's name was again. Shauna, Shona oh never mind. Autumn watched the snake take interest in her, flicking its tongue towards her, tasting the air. "Hello big guy" Autumn waved at the creature.

"How am I supposed to perform without my dinner! What happened to my dinner! I sent you out last night to get some you little brat!"

Autumn heard a woman screech from the inside and then a clatter of glass. The door flew open as Autumn ducked behind the cage, a woman in a snake skinned dress came stumbling out with a bottle of wine in her hands. "It better be there when I get back!" The woman's voice was venomously angry as she walked away, her heels clicking loudly.

The door began to shut before a hand held it open. Autumn noticed the hand was trembling and quickly got out of her hiding spot. Jerome stood trembling with his other hand on his shoulder. He was wearing only a top and his blood was visible trickling down his arm.

"Jerome!" Autumn caught the boy when he stumbled down the stairs. He didn't look in pain but more a state of shock.

"Are you ok?" Autumn tried to look at what looked like a deep cut but Jerome held a hand out. "I'm fine let go"

Autumn did as she was told, standing in front of him and waving her ticket, "Look who's here then" Jerome smiled as he looked around in the direction to where the woman had left.

"Did she go that way?"

Autumn nodded, "Was that your mom?" Jerome nodded back.

"Forget about her, I try to"

Autumn hugged her arms, "So do you wanna come watch the Flying Grayson's with me?"

Jerome looked back at the trailer and made a face. "I'll meet you there, like mother said. Gotta make her dinner before she gets back."

Autumn shrugged walking backwards. "I understand. I try get a spot you can easily see me. Near the back!"