Chapter-4: A Friend.

Author's Note:
To anyone reading this... I would like you all to make an account here on wattpad and support me.
Thank you so much and I hope you like the story.
Bear with my bad creativity and make my dream come true please.

Happy reading :)
____________  __________   __________

"Idiot! You scared the living shit out of me!" Adriana whispered fiercely.

She glared sharply at Alec who seemed to be lost in a fit of mute giggling.

"You should have seen your face!" He said before drowning in another pool of laughter.

Adriana felt flushed. Her cheeks felt hot and red. Her heart pounded furiously and adrenaline courses through her veins.

It was Alec who had crept up the backyard and assaulted her in the middle of the night.

When he had pressed the cloth on her, she had felt terrified. But now as she realised what really had happened, she felt embarrassed and coy at her reaction.

In the dark she could see the hazel eyes looking at her. She turned to face them.

"What?" She said, rather rudely.

"Nothing." He replied. But Adriana noticed some redness in his cheeks and a flicker in his eyes.

I know this feeling.

"So what the hell are you doing in my backyard at the darkest period of the night?"

"Well I thought I will just give you a visit."

"That doesn't explain anything."

" That explains everything. I am just here to see you."

"But what if I had not been here and had been sleeping?"

"I kind of knew you would be here. Actually..." He hesitated a little.

"Actually what?"

"I.. uh...watch you every night... here." Alec lowered his head.

"Great! Now she hates me. She must think I am a stalker." He felt ashamed.

Adriana was a little surprised. She had never really known Alec Grindale. They were classmates, yes. But Adriana was so detached from the world outside that she had no idea a heart beat for her.

An unknown force, from an uncharted territory, made the ends of her lips curve up and before she knew it, she was smiling.

"I should be angry. You breached my privacy. Do you understand that?" She said.

"You should be angry. I am sorry for what I did." Alex's head loomed even lower. He regretted his decision of meeting her in the night. Out of frustration he picked up a pebble from the ground and threw it hard.

The pebble flew, flew away. And hit Dobby, the dog next door.

And Dobby raised an uproar. Dobby roared!

"Shit!" Adriana and Alec said in unison.

"Come with me! Fast!" Adriana pulled him by the hand. She quickly gathered up the blanket and they ran towards her window.
Adriana scrambled up the window sill and climbed into her bedroom.

"Climb as hard as you can!"

Alec did as he was instructed. He was slightly amused even through all that tension. He had never seen this side of Adriana.

Soon he was in her bedroom and Adriana's parents were on the backyard as were Donny's owners and half of the neighborhood from which the swirly hands of slumber have withdrawn.

In Adriana's room, the two teenagers sat stiffly, afraid of exposing themselves.

Subsequently calmness descended and the night went once again into sleep.
And that was when Adriana started laughing silently. The contagion soon spread and Alec was chuckling too.

They had a good time. She, he and the stars.

"First you strangle me, then you say you always been watching me and then you wake up the whole neighborhood! A nice friend I have got."

Alec smiled at her. "Oops... Sorry!"
"Got to go now. Bye. See ya tomorrow!"

He got down the way he entered and while leaving caught a glimpse of her. The face was flooded by starlight and it made her dark eyes shine. They were totally black and deeper than anything Alec had seen.

He grinned the rest of his way home which was just two blocks later. In his mind was the word 'friend'.

Adriana on the other hand settled on her bed for sleep. For the first time she felt excited and restless about going to school the next day. She now had a friend.