Chapter 1

Thanks so much for reading&& I hope you enjoy it. Make sure to give me feedback, 'cause it's my first story on wattpad. :D     I'll be happy to read/ vote on anyone's writing, if you read mine:)

 and if you decide not to read my whole story (which I really hope you do:D) at least skip to chapter 17 and look at the picture of "Sam" (Sean Faris) cause hes gorgeous!! *drool* :)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 1

                                                             HOPE

     I remembered feeling alone, scared. My ears were filled with raised voices, each yell piercing my skin, each one equally stinging. Words were being thrown like bombs, and my attempt at shelter was not a good one. My room was closed, my purple silky sheets over my head, but I could still hear every noise, as if they penetrated the walls as easily as my heart.

         My tiny fingers grabbed hold to my favorite teddy bear, trying to find comfort in the familiar soft brown fibers. I can still remember thinking that it would be over soon, this has happened before. I heard myself choke under the covers and felt even more alone, even more scared. Then I heard the door slam, echoing through the hallways.

         I had nervously stripped myself of the covers, and let my feet slid to the ground. I felt my toes meet the cold wood and I cautiously stepped over the window, bear still in hands, and peered though the window.

          I watched my father, blue shirt, jeans, dark hair, briskly walk over to his car. My heart sank as I heard the engine start, wondering why he was leaving, where he was going, when he'd come back.

        One moment my life was still whole, he was still there, and I was watching his red car peel out of the driveway, fast and careless.

        The next moment there was no longer a future, there was just now, the slam of the breaks, the other car crashing with the red one, the scream downstairs, Dad's car molding to the other car, then flipping, again, and again, and again.

      My insides felt like they were being torn apart, knotting and breaking as the car twisted and broke. The last thing had I remembered thinking is I needed to get there, I needed to see him, I needed to know he was okay even though I knew he wasn't.