Chapter 3

HOPE

         My vision blurred into focus and I immediately recognized I wasn't in my room anymore. I heard an ambulance and I didn't know why, I hurt all over and I didn't know why, someones soft, warm hands gently lingered on my wrist, and I didn't know why. Panick began to flow through my veins when I looked to see a boy, dark hair falling into his face as he took a thorn from the inside of my wrist. Confusion settled around me in this unfamiliar place, and my stomach began to twist.

      Then he looked at me. His brown eyes were flecked with gold, warm like the morning light. They caught my eyes and my stomach abrubtly untangled, calming with the friendliness in his eyes.

      We stayed like that for a long time, him holding my gaze and me not pulling away. My heart beat was steady in my ear, and filled the silence. I was vaguely aware of his gently touch on my hand, but lost in his beautiful eyes, slow and steady on me. My stomach started burning with something I'd never felt before.

     SAM

      She looked at me with her peircing blue gaze, sad and lost and beautiful. Her dark hair fell around her face and there was something in those moments we were looking at each other, something so honest, that I felt it all the way down to my toes.

      And then I ran.