VII

It's been a year.

I can't find myself running for much longer, you need strength and over time that's something I've lost.

Michael tried to have contact for about the first month, but I told him to stop trying. Alex and Ariel say he's still waiting for me to come home, but that's not home for me anymore. You're meant to feel safe and secure at home like you belong there, but I didn't belong there in the first place. I was placed there.

I hope Michael is okay more than anything, all I've wanted this whole time if for him to be fine.

I lied for so long, so many nights I lied and said I was with the girls and really I was in meetings with Tom or pretending to be going out of state for a few nights but really I was out of country. Michael never really lied, I knew all about him from the start. I knew what I was accepting.

'It's was just a job' I say every time I think about him 'you wasn't ever meant to get attached' plays in my head.

But I did get attached, I loved that boy truly.

I wish I could move on, I wish we both could but in the same thought I do want to go back to Misty. I want my life back, the friends, the job and the security. I never wanted to say goodbye.

Running away that day could've been the worst thing I did.

He knew, Raymond told him who I was and that was trouble. What else has Raymond said while I've been gone? I want to back but is it too dangerous.

Today would've been our four year anniversary together and I remember thinking back before this happened I wanted to do something nice for it. We always wanted to do nice things and we was fortunate to always be able too.

Sitting in some apartment that me and Tom had just moved into my phone rings. No one rings me, no one knows I exist anymore hardly. The caller ID broke my heart every time he tried to ring.

5 missed calls
3 missed calls
2 missed calls

He tried again and I knew I had to answer.

"Hello" his voice sounded croaky and hurt. He sounded like he'd been crying I felt like a worse person immediately and every second that passed made it worse.

I couldn't find any words to say to him.

"Come home Misty" he says tears beginning to form in the corner of my eyes

"Okay" was all I managed to stumble out of my mouth before hanging up the phone and placing it onto the table. Was going back my best idea?