Chapter One

"You'll be fine at this new school. I talked to the principal and she said that everyone is really sweet here, you'll have so much fun. I mean at least you're not a freshman anymore, you know so you're not thrown against a wall," my dad tried to make me laugh as we pulled up in front of Middletown High School. 

When I didn't say anything but just smiled at my dad, he decided to just continue, "Okay so I'll pick you up at this spot right when school is over, alright? You better not come out here with a boy, I mean c'mon it's your first day as a sophomore, no boys, yet...Just kidding. No boys until you're thirty," my dad said as we both started laughing. My dad is great, we've been so close...especially since we only have each other. After my mom died when I was in kindergarten, my dad and I decided to become Christians together. So, that makes us first generation Christians, we learn the lifestyle together...but it's been harder and harder to go to Church and talk about the Bible when we keep moving because of my dad's job. 

"Alright dad, I love you..." I started to say as I glanced out the window, seeing tons of kids going through the main entrance of the school. As I place my hand on the door handle, I look back at my dad's long blonde hair and greenish blue eyes and see the sun rising right behind him. Then I start thinking about how much I will feel alone in this new school. I don't have any siblings, I left my friends back in California, everything will be different. Tears start to roll up in my eyes and my dad knows exactly what's going on, so he gives me a "bear hug" as we call it, and just like that, I'm out of the car.

********

Alright, D.J, first thing's first. your schedule. Shoot, is it in dad's car? Okay no, false alarm. it's right here. Why is everyone looking at me? Do I look like a freshman? Only God can judge, D.J...what am I kidding? High schoolers judge everyone and everything they see. Alright...first class: debate, room 322 part b. What does part b mean?

I look around the crowded hallway for room numbers, someone that could help me find my classes, anything. As I swing my head around, my long red hair slaps this really hot guy, in the face. I started to freak out, with what words to ask, and he says something, but I was too busy staring at his gorgeous eyes that I couldn't hear a word.

"I'm sorry, what did you say?" 

"I said sorry for bumping into you...and you look new here. Do you need help finding your class or anything?"

"Uhm yea sure, thanks!"

We stand there for about thrity seconds just awkwardly looking at each other. He has great hair, he's clean cut, very calm and relaxed, I like that.

He finally spoke while still staring into my eyes, "Your schedule?"

"Huh?"

"Your schedule, I need it to tell you where your class is..." the gorgeous stranger said while looking me up and down.

I wonder if he likes me...is he judging my outfit? I mean I'm only wearing converse with skinny jeans and a tank top...and I straightened my hair...maybe he likes blondes? I hate guys that are only attracted to blondes...

D.J. what are you doing...you're here for your education, not for guys...oh what am I kidding this guy is hot! He's got good hair---

"Oh look at that! We have a lot of the same classes together. We have debate together and --"

*the five minute bell rings*

"...and we have gym class and history at the same time. So right now we have debate class with Miss Jay. Follow me, I know where to go," the good looking guy said as we started walking through the crowded hallways.