Emma's Note

Did you ever watch Disney movies growing up? Thinking how cool it would be to be a princess or prince? Well, I didn't. I didn't want to be a damsel waiting for a half witted, wealthy ass hat, riding on a horse to climb up a tower and save me. The only disney princess I could half way tolerate was Belle. No. I want and can save myself.
Here's the thing, I grew up in the foster system. At the age I'm at now, sixteen, I grew out of it. All my life I've been searching for something, my family. Recently though they found me, a King and Queen whose actual names are David and Mary Nolan. Which makes me a princess, a term I associate with fragility, like a tea cup that needs to be handled with gloves. Dresses and ball gowns, teas and crackers with squared off cheese, balls and dance lessons, and lastly the search for the person I shall be married too. I kindly retorted with, "Maybe you should lock me in a tower with a dragon as my guard, that way whoever slays the dragon and rescues me, will get my hand in marriage." All that manage to do was get me an extra lesson in How To Be A Proper Lady.
Anyways, this is my life. I am princess of a kingdom known as Haven. Which is far away from the Boston city streets I grew up on. The people who claim to be my parents, well, want to fix me. There is a search to find me a husband... Though I am only sixteen.
Am I okay with this? No.
Do I want to punch something? Yes.
Would that something be my parents? Yes.
Am I going to? Probably not.
Do I want a guy to whisk me away? No.