Chapter Nine

It felt like this anger was consuming her now. You she couldn't be sad, all she could feel was rage. Emma was worried too she'd arrive too late now and he'd return to his ship and think she had abandon him. To her relief he was sitting in the sand. He didn't even turn as she approached. "Hello Swan." He said still looking at the ocean. When he moved to touch her she recoiled flashes of what happen with Tom in her mind.

"I-uh-can't.", Though he'd only been reaching to touch her hand, and touch at this moment would make her vomit.

She could see how desperately he wanted to touch her and his expression grew concerned. "What happened?".

If she told him what happened then she had to relive it, but she was reliving it every moment she shut her eyes. He deserved the complete truth before she erased it all. For a moment she took the moment in, he was back in his typical pirate get up, with a purple vest tonight. The ocean was coming close to high tide now they were far up the shore and it reached for their feet. "Tom is he missing?"

Killian's piercing blue eyes searched her face for a moment. "Yes how did you-".

"Something happened." She forced herself to say, he breathing was becoming more rapid by the moment. In seconds she would be in tears. Killian silenced himself at her voice. "I wasn't out of the castle garden yet. Tom he was there... waiting probably. He- he-", her voice chocked off into a sob. Killian reached to pull her to him but placed his arms back knowing her desire to be untouched. "Somehow he had the help of someone who wields magic. Made it impossible for me to move, or to speak. Forced me to be placid to his wishes."

"Where is he? I-"

Then her sobs stopped the memory of his blood all over her, his eyes glazing over as he fell on top of her. "Look at me Killian."

At this his eyes slowly took her in. She'd managed to avoid getting anything on her face but her shirt was drenched in blood hard to make out in the night if you didn't focus. "Your covered in blood." He commented, his eyes blown wide.

"He was going to kill me. Somehow using magic the blade that was intended for me, I stabbed him with it." She closed her eyes the image still fresh and vivid there.

His eyes seemed to be filled with water themselves. "I'm sorry Swan. You wouldn't have been out there by yourself if not for me."

Finally that was enough for her to reach out and touch him, though it made goosebumps for on her skin and her hair stand up. His eyes met hers, after he'd been looking down for sometime. "It's not your fault.", she said softly.

He wrapped his arms around her protectively and she allowed it. Falling into the embrace, her head laid against his chest. Emma could feel the wind blowing off the ocean pushing at them. "Your shaking." He said his voice hushed and sad pulling away from her.

"I'm sorry." She felt horrible that his attempts at comforting her only made it worse and that he felt probably as helpless as she had.

"It's not your fault." He said bitterly, not at her, but at himself and probably at Tom as well. "I understand if you don't want to leave now."

In truth she never had wanted to, but it was a reminder of what she originally had come out her to do. Her eyes locked with his, she was trying to say goodbye. "I love you." Her voice said in a hushed whisper.

Killian smiled, and she could tell he was surprised. "I love you too. But you never intended on leaving did you?"

That took her by surprise. "What?".

"Swan I know you. I know when your lying. Earlier today you were lying, but your here and all I can ask myself is why? Unless you intended on telling me goodbye."