December 27th-28th

"Hey, Maya." Said Riley, entering the park to see a crying blond on her swing.
"Are you okay?"
"Yes, yes, I'm fine." She said wiping her wet cheeks hard with her sleeve.
"But you're crying, you never cry."
"I just miss some people."
"Did you miss us?"
"More than I have ever missed anything."
"But you liked it there better."
"I wished you were there everyday."
"Why? Why did you leave?"
"I had to."
"Stop saying that! Tell me why."
"I wasn't happy here. I'm not." There was a pause and then she smiled and pushed of the ground and started swinging. Riley followed they swung for a few minutes and then suddenly Maya jumped of from quite high. Her legs buckled underneath her and she fell, laughing. Then Riley went, from a bit lower but the highest she had been. She came tumbling down, laughing also.
"We are going to get so hurt one day." She said.
"How hurt can you get jumping off a swing?"
--------------
Maya laid in her bed. Her eyes closed as she tried not to feel anything, the large hand on her chest and the legs pinning her arms next to her body and worse feelings. She couldn't take it anymore. She tried to fight again but he slammed her head against the wall. She was too disoriented and in too much pain to fight back. Finally, he was done... With that. He threw her on the ground and started kicking her in the ribs six times. Then in the legs, then her arms, he grabbed his belt and whipped it at her stomach, making her cry out in pain. Once again, he whipped  the bare skin on her stomach. She tried again but she hid it with her leg. He kicked her to turn her onto her stomach and then got her back three times. Next, he threw it across then room and turned her back around, punching her cheek. She couldn't fight. Finally, he left. After a little while she took a shower and fell asleep as soon as she laid down.
She woke up to her phone buzzing. It was Riley.
"Hey, Riles."
"Oh good, I was so worried because you didn't answer and texts."
"I was asleep."
"Ok well, do you want to sleepover?"
"Tonight?"
"Well ya."
"Um, I- I don't know, I'm really tired."
"Good, then I can go to sleep at a decent time. I'll ask My dad to pick you up so you don't have to take the subway. We'll be there in 15 minutes."
"Ri-" Riley hung up. She grabbed some new clothing, and pajamas. She had no long sleeve shirts or sweatshirts that were clean so she put on a comfortable purple cotton t-shirt and some leggings. She hoped she didn't have to take her jacket off. She looked at her bruised fist, from punching him the night before. It had only made him angry and slam her head against the wall. She took her hair out of the braid she had put in because her hair was wet when she went to bed. She brushed out her wavy hair and then covered up her cheek with make up. She pulled her shirt up enough to see her bruised and marked up stomach in the bathroom mirror. She dropped it, grabbed her bag and went outside to find Cory's car. She climbed inside and sat next to Riley.