Dec. 10th

The students took there seats in the classroom that same morning. Almost every seat was occupied by a child that had a story to tell or a story they preferred to keep to themselves. Some would tell all, some would tell some, some would lie, some wouldn't speak of it and some did a combination but each person had a story, no matter how interesting, exciting, scary or sad, they had a story and so did the girl from the empty desk. A sad one it was and it carried her away from the safety she seemed to have. The secrets and lies had eaten at her skin for much time now and other peoples story's would make her ignore them. She wanted to get away from them so she ran but also ran from the people in her life.
"She would have told me if she were sick." Said Riley.
"She may just be asleep." Replied Lucas.
"Riley, wheres Maya?" Asked her father/teacher.
"I don't know." The bell rang.
"Don't worry." He began his lesson. Riley did worry but did not know that each moment that passed, Maya was getting further and further from her.
The next day Maya did not come. On Saturday she couldn't get ahold of her so she went to her apartment with Lucas and Farkle.
Katy opened it and let them to go into Mayas room. They began to search around a but for any signs of where she was. There seemed to be nothing but Lucas refused to leave with Riley and Farkle because he had to find something. He looked in the one place he didn't want to. The trash. He pulled out a few papers. Some random drawings and scribbles but he also found a receipt. He could barely make out what it said because it was ripped and stained.
12/7/ New manh yo c o, 9:4, trai kit
December seventh, manhattan from New York to somewhere with a o in the city and a c in the state, eleven forty something, train ticket. She ran away. But why. He opened her closet door and rummaged through whatever was on the bottom because it was the one place they had not looked. There! At the bottom was a pregnancy test, luckily negative, but there. Why would she need it? He thought of any recent changes in her life. She hadn't met a new guy at school, she won a drawing contest two and a half weeks before, and her mom had a new boyfriend as of a two months ago. Was it him? No! She would have told him. Then again, she never told him anything.