May 11th

It was Mayas birthday. It was a weekday and Riley had to go to school.
She sat in her seat next to the still empty desk. She longed to turn to her friend and have everything be normal. Although it had been 5 months she still sometimes turned to tell her something and then realized she wasn't there. The bell rang and the class left. Cory stood up In his classroom alone and looked at Mayas desk as he sat on the corner of his desk. He spoke quietly.
"Happy birthday, Maya. I don't know were you are or if you're even still alive but if you are I wish you would come back and If you're not and you can hear me, then I'm sorry I never protected you from whatever reason you ran away." He sat back down at his desk still looking at hers. He remembered a day a few weeks before she left. He was on the side walk when he saw a the blond at a bike rack taking the lock off of her rusty bike. It was baby blue and Maya loved it even though it was old and rusted. She stuck it in her backpack, threw it over her shoulder and on the other one, and the she pulled the bike away. He walked over to her.
"Hey, Maya."
"Hi mr.Matthews."
"You headed home?" She shrugged her shoulders. "You probably should. Its getting dark soon." He watched as she kinda chuckled to herself, she was smiling but not happy.
"I think I'm better off out here." She said as she swung her leg over he bike. "See you on Monday." He watched, confused as the girl got smaller and smaller and blended in more and more as she rode away. He looked around the street filled with more people walking or on bikes than car, though there were some. Maya always liked that street. He heard her telling Riley once that it kinda reminded her of Savanna Georgia. Obviously she had never been there but it was on the list of city's that were always on her mind. It seemed like in her last few weeks there, all she wanted was go to those places. She went somewhere. Just no one knew where.