Prologue

POV: Alyssa

My long blonde waves fell in front of my face covering up most of my features, there was nothing about a school filled with new faces that was going to help me. I walked through the door, my eyes watching my feet clutching my books tight to my chest, the air was cold in here, but that might have been because of my stick thin figure.

"I'm guessing you're Alyssa Rose?" A man in his 50's asked me, who I assumed was my new math teacher. I peaked through my blonde hair, and nodded my head, I was the new kid here at Woodland High. "If you don't mind me asking, why did you move new schools for your senior year? It's such an unusual case, kids usually want to graduate and go to prom with their friends."

"Personal reasons," I replied politely, and that's all I would tell anyone in this school. I wasn't looking for friends, not after what I've been through. I searched the class for a seat, but only saw all eyes on me, my breath began to shorten, I could hear the popular girls in the back corner whispering about me. I eyed a seat close to the front of class and sat down, my eyes not searching the room, my head was kept tilted down, all I could see was how my sweater hung so loosely on my body, this was going to be a long year.