Chapter 9:

POV: Harry

I knelt beside Alyssa's stick thin body, my hands trembling over her wet cheek, she had been crying. I combed a piece of her long curly hair away from her face revealing more damage. The bruises around her eyes were already blue, and the cuts on her lips and her eyebrow were fresh. I felt tears form in my eyes as I stood up clenching my fists. My blood was boiling with anger as I paced back and forth, and then suddenly I slammed my fists into the caged fence, grunting at the pain i felt in my arm but also to release my anger. I called 911 and then found Alyssa's clothes laying close to her. I swiftly laid her sweater on top of her and her skirt on top of her as well. She was out cold, but I didn't want to take any chances of waking her. I sat beside her and held her hand, I kissed it before putting my head between my legs, just imagining what this poor girl had just gone through. Once the ambulance and the police arrived, I found that my arm was most likely broken. So I got to ride with Alyssa in the emergency vehicle. The men covered her in a white blanket, and told me she was going to be alright, might have some minor head trauma or a concussion, but she will live. But that wasn't what concerned me. I was more concerned about the after math, and how she would react once she had woken up. Would she blame me for inviting her to the party? Well it didn't matter, because I already blamed myself.

POV: Alyssa

I wanted to wake up and realize it was all just a dream. Oh how I would give anything to just to wake up in my bed and see the sunshine peeking through my blinds, telling me it's okay. But it turned out god had a different plan for me. I awoke in a room, a bland room with white walls and white furniture. I was confused, not remembering this place at all. But it was when I looked down at my hands and saw the pulse monitor on my index finger that I realized I was in a hospital. The memories all came back in flashes, like a kaleidoscope of flashes. I think part of me knew the moment I saw him that something like this would happen, it's not anything he did, or anything he said. It was the feeling he gave off when I saw him. I still remember those beady eyes and that grin on his face. And the thought that he could take advantage of a smaller girl and take away her whole life for his own pleasure was beyond disgusting. No one can erase what had happened to me, and I fear that I will never get away from this horrible place. There is no one to talk to. Just the sound of his voice in the back of my mind.

"Ms. Rose, I'm glad you have awoken," a nurse said to me in her monotone voice. I flinched at the sound of a voice and darted my head to look at her. I was paranoid, even though I knew I was in a good place. "I'm sorry if I have frightened you," she murmured as she sat on the edge of the bed, "my names Nancy, and I'm going to be taking care of you." I gulped hard as I read her name tag, she was a psychologist, not a nurse. "I know things must be running through your mind, but don't worry your safe now," she said putting her hand on my shoulder, I knew this was to be a caring action, but flinched at the touch of her skin.

"When ever you feel like talking honey, I will always be here to listen." I nodded my head and bit my lip, I don't think I will be talking anytime soon.