Chapter 5:

POV: Harry

I saw the look in Alyssa's eyes when I battered her books down. There was this sense of fear, and a sense of remorse, guilty of getting herself into this. I kept walking, as my friends kicked her books even further down the hall. I shouldn't care, I've done this before, but I do care...

After school, I wasn't expecting Alyssa to show up at the library for my tutoring lesson. But I needed to talk to her, so I went and looked for her at her locker. She was there, dressed in her normal large sweater and leggings, it's like she wanted to hide under her clothes.

She turned her head in my direction web she heard my door steps, I could see the confusion in her look, but that didn't stop me from approaching her.

"What do you want," she spoke in a harsh tone not even looking at me.

"I was hoping to get my tutoring lesson..." My voice trailed off.

She chuckled to herself and looked at me, "are you being serious? You think I would tutor you after all that you've done and said?!"

"Look that wasn't what you think it was, I was just-"

"What Harry? Playing your role?! Doing whatever would please your so called 'friends'? I don't wanna play this little game, just leave me out this whole thing.."

"It's not a game, Alyssa, when I said those things I regretted them immediately." She laughed in my face, turning to her locker again. It's like she's been through this before. She began to put her books in her bag, not paying any attention to me. "Look Alyssa," I said sharply grabbing her hands, "I normally don't care about people's feelings, but your feelings.. I don't know, I just somehow care. I don't even know you, but I want to. Just give me one more chance, I want to try again." I murmured trying to find the right words for my feelings. Her eyes never left mine when I spoke those words. It's like she was studying my every movement, trying to realize if I was being honest or not. "I know your a smart girl, can't you tell that I'm telling the truth?" Her hands were still placed in mine, as I traced circles with my thumb on the back of her hand.

She cleared her throat and whipped her hands from mine, "fine, okay. One last chance."

I smile grew on my face, and a pleasurable feeling grew in the pit of my stomach.

"Thanks. Hey there's this party tonight, maybe I can pick you up? We can go together? Ya know as friends." I asked her.

She smiled at my offer, "I haven't been invited to a party in awhile, I'd love to come."