Chapter Five.

It had been three hours, before Mitch finally woke up.
When we had been tossed in the cages, he had collapsed in a pile on the floor, and when i sat down and pulled him onto my lap he started to silently cry.
No sobbing, just tears falling as he shook in my arms.
Eventually he had cried himself to sleep, 

And as I sat there, Rob and Preston had worriedly crawled over to me, as our cages were apart, and whispered over.

"Is...Mitch okay?"

I could only shrug, as they looked sadly at each other, before looking back to me.

Since then, they had both kept me company for the three hours that Mitch had been asleep.Their cage was attached to another one separate from ours, and i had Lachlan and Vikk next to us.

Speaking of which, neither had been active for three hours either...

It was obvious that they were both asleep, and had been for some time, by the steady rise and fall of Lachlan's chest, as he had his absurdly large wings wrapped protectively around Vikk, so much that you couldn't even see him any more.  

But hey, now Mitch was awake and that's all that mattered for the moment.The confused and sleepy Canadian with the puffy eyes looked up at me, before sitting up.He looked around the cage, taking in his surroundings, before looking at the worried Preston and Rob to the left of us.

"Hey...guys"

We all smiled.

"Hey Mitchy you okay?"

Preston asked as he slowly backed up against the wall next to me, yawning loudly.

"I think so...my head hurts.Also, what in sweet Jesus happened to you guys?"

We all paused, before i took a deep breath.

"We...have been kidnapped by some crazy scientist's who have turned us, and many of these..."

I paused, and looked over at the other cages containing hundreds of victims.

"Into animal hybrids."

Mitch's eyes widened, and suddenly two ears emerged from his messy hair.They were pointy, and fluffy, and it was a wonder how i didn't spot them in the first place.I glanced down, and noticed a tuft of fur poking out from beneath his blood stained hoodie.

"Hey biggums do you mind standing up for me? You have ears and a tail."

"WHAT?!"

He shot to his feet, rapidly tapping his head, feeling his new ears.He then reached down, and freed a long, and silky tail from his jeans.

"You're a cat..."

We all shot round, to see Lachlan and Vikk pressed up together by the bars, observing wide eyed.

"Guys! You ok?" 

Rob squeaked, and they both nodded.

"We think so...Vikk is just a little over whelmed.And injured..."

Mitch stepped over, and pulled his sleeves up, before reaching his arm up through the bars. Vikk did the same, revealing his shaking hands wrapped in blood stained bandages.

"We...we woke up in the same experiment room...and we've seen some un-imaginable things..."

Vikk's mumble was so quiet, however i heard it perfectly, along with Preston and Rob.

"What do you mean?"