Chapter 12.

"You need to stay away from us!"

"From Vikk!"

"Yeah, from Vikk!"

"How could you? Do you even realise what you could have done to that man?"

"You better watch yourself Malcolm!"

Preston and Rob were completely hammering at Malcolm with threats, however the crow did not seem the least bit offended. His wings were up slightly, as two predators to him stared up at him with angry eyes, however he played it cool, as his height made it seem like he was being yelled at by puppies rather than wolves.(that was a kind of figure of speech, yes i am aware that neither are wolves >_<)

"What the hell are they talking about? Why are they laying into Malcolm like that?"

Mitch asked, as Jerome just stared at the three of them. Lachlan proceeded to tell Vikk, Jerome and Mitch what happened with Malcolm's past and 'Daniel', his victim. Their eyes widened at the story.

"So, wait didn't you say that Predators sometimes have a hard time resisting urges? Like with prey and stuff?"

Vikk said, pushing himself out of Lachlan's arms, much to his dismay.

"Well, yes but-"

"I mean, yes what he did is awful and yes im not really a fan of going near him but does this mean we have to-"

"SILENCE!"

Came a sudden, booming voice which could have swept the lot of them off their feet in surprise.

Guard Deterni was standing there, taser completely out and buzzing as he watched with severe distaste at the seven of them.

"YOU TWO!"

He pointed at Rob and Preston, who now stood like frightened children in front of Malcolm, as his eyes were wide with surprise.

"YOU WILL GO BACK TO THE CAGES FOR 24 HOURS FOR USE OF THREATS AND RAISING YOUR VOICE."

Rob scowled suddenly, his ears flattening against his head.

"You're yelling at us right now! What the heck man?"

Deterni's eyes could have popped out of his head.

"30 HOURS! HOW DARE YOU SPEAK TO A GUARD IN SUCH A MANNER!"

Rob shut up, turning away from Deterni in frustration.

"As for the rest of you, training starts as soon as i take these two scum back to the cages."

He strode over to Preston and Rob, reaching his hands out to grab them and cuff them, when suddenly Malcolm lurched forward, and tore Deterni's taser from his gloved hands, before proceeding to stab him in the neck with it and turn it on. 

Deterni's entire body shuddered violently, and he let out a brief shrill scream before falling silent, his body finally falling still. 

Everyone was slack jawed, horrified at what just happened. Malcolm seized Deterni's keys, gripping the taser firmly before turning to the others.

"We have to go. Now. I am done waiting around here, and im pretty sure were all now going to be tortured to death if were caught. Lets go, we have some stuff to do first."

Nobody questioned, everyone completely shoving aside Malcolm's past for now as they followed him down the white corridors. They went down all the quarter corridors, opening every one and releasing many prisoners who decided to follow them.

 Now leading an army of hybrid prisoners, Malcolm no longer decided to sneak, and instead now strode confidently down the corridors.

Suddenly, a loud explosion caught them off guard. It shook the floor, knocking everyone over, however there was no fire, or debree damage. 

Vikk had fallen awkwardly on top of Lachlan's chest, blushing when their eyes met.

"Hey Vikky."

He teased. Vikk smiled, crawling off of him and attempted to pull him off the floor. Lachlan instead, pulled himself up, but proceeded to stop halfway to peck Vikk quickly on the cheek, and pulled him into his chest, ignoring all the 'awwweeesss' that rang out around them. Vikk embraced Lachlan's grey shirt, concealing his blush that was burning like the sun, and calmed his breathing as air no longer seemed to agree with his lungs.

"Lets keep moving. We need to get to the science labs and the control room, before busting everyone out of here. You!"

He stuck a pointy finger into a scaly individual's chest.

"You, take everyone here to the science labs, and kill every single scientist in there. Us seven shall go to the control room, and free everyone else."

The man nodded started running ahead, beckoning everyone to follow him. They did so, leaving the rest of the pack with Malcolm, once again alone. Vikk was now turned around in Lachlan's arms, facing him. Malcolm gave Vikk a grin.

"I told you you two were hopeless. Lets go."

____________

OH SNAP! what a plot twist!

Im sad to say that this story could be ending in the next chapter. Im sorry for the sudden abruptness, however this will not be the last of our furry friends here!

<3