Chapter 5 - New Years

December 31st
Sarah's POV

Waking up this morning was easier than most days, I thought about the game all the time since we got the tickets and Dan and I did even a bit of research on the team.
They seemed really good from the rosters and points and so on. We had watched a few videos on YouTube of their star duo Tyler Seguin and Jamie Benn, they where really good and I could tell Daniel was impressed.

I walked down to get something to eat and the rest of the family where already there.
"Morning" I said happily
"Morning" they all said back

I poured some coffee in a cup and made a sandwich and sat down next to my mum.
We all talked about how the day would be and when my parents would leave for the party.
Me and Daniel would make dinner by our self and then take one of the cars to the AAC.
Daniel wanted to be there early to have the chance to win a selfie with that Seguin guy and I didn't know what it was or why he wanted it but I agreed and went upstairs to finish unpacking the small amount of things I haven't really used in a long time.

I decided to pick out my outfit now so I had it done since I was still in my pajamas.
I chose a pair of ripped light blue jeans and the Dallas shirt I bought the other day, I also picked my newest adidas shoes and a jacket if it was going to be cold, I would look like a tomboy but I didn't really care.

I put the clothes on my bed and grabbed a pair of undies and a bra to my toilet hand jumped in the shower.
I showered really quick and put on my underwear and my robe. I walked to my drawers of hair and makeup things and plugged in my straightener and picked out what makeup I would use, the things I used everyday.

I made my makeup first then my hair, when I was done I walked to Daniel asking if I should start with dinner since mum and dad would be leaving in about half an hour and they were making themselves ready to the New Years party my dads company was hosting.

He said yes and I made my way down to put the meat in a marinade and started the oven for the potato wedges. I started cutting some vegetables and started frying the meat after I put the potatoes in.

"BYE! have fun at the game!" My mum yelled from the door.
"BYE!" I yelled back and I assumed Dan was in the shower and didn't hear them leaving.
After 10 minutes he came down with wet hair and sweatpants and a t-shirt, so I was right.
He set the table and I split up the food evenly on the plates and we sat down to eat.

"You going in that?" I teased
"No, are you going in that?" He fired back and I now remembered I still had my robe on.
"Nope, the Dallas shirt and a pair of jeans" I told him
"What color on the jeans?"
"Light blue, why?"
"Just wondering, don't want us to be a complete match" he said and I chuckled
"Bye I'm making a sign.." He said and I looked at him in a weird way.
"If they start the kiss cam I'm honestly holding up a sight where it says "she's my sister" on it he said with a serious face and I started laughing, he was smart my brother sometime to smart.

After dinner we helped each other with the dishes and made our way to our rooms to change clothes. I put on some of my favorite perfume to (Noir Tease, Victoria Secret) and put in my earrings and my bracelet I got from Dan at Christmas.

I walked down with my bag and put my jacket, wallet and my power bank and charger.
I laced my shoes, grabbed my phone and the keys to the car and called to Daniel I would get the car out of the garage.

When I pulled up at the front of the house Daniel locked the door and walked down to the car. I now understood what he meant by matching... He was wearing the Dallas shirt to but had put on some black jeans and a pair of running shoes, he had also put a SnapBack on.

When we came to the arena we showed our tickets and made our way to our seats.
Daniel did what it takes to be in the competition of a "Seguin selfie" while I watched the warm ups.

When the players started to skate of the ice a man came to Dan and told him he had won, the man showed us down to the side of the rink when Tyler skated up to us.

"Hi" he said with a smile.

Daniel seemed a bit star struck so I started talking myself.

"Hi, you're a great player" - Me
"Thanks, you're not from here are you?" - Tyler
"No, we're from Sweden" - Me
"So what brings you to Dallas?" - Tyler
"Dad got a job transfer" I said with a small smile and decided to punch Daniel so he would start talking.

We confined to talk for a few minutes and he took his selfie, as we made it to our seats he was smiling like a freak...

He wanted something to drink so he stood up and went to buy us some.
When he came back the game was just about to start.

The game was really good, better than expected, the Stars won with 6-1 against the Arizona Coyotes.
When we were about to stand up the same man as before came to us again and told us to stay for a minute. He didn't say why before he left.
After awhile of just staring at the players celebrating on the ice I heard someone yelling

"Hey Sweden!" I looked at the guy and saw it was Tyler. Daniel and I went down so we could talk to him without yelling.

"Nice game man" Dan said
"Thanks, you a hockey player?" Tyler asked
"Yeah I am"
"How could you see that?" I asked
Tyler looked at me and chuckled,
"He walks the same way as Jamie and he dresses like one to" I started laughing at the way he described it. "Hey Segs! who're you talking to?"
"The winners of my selfie" he said and the other one just rolled his eyes
"Hi I'm Jamie" he said
"I'm Sarah and this is my brother Daniel" I said and he smiled.

Dan apologetically said he needed to go to the toilet and I stayed and talked a bit more.

"So Sweden... How old are you?" - Tyler
"21" - Me
"I would've guessed more..." - Jamie
"Play any sports?" - Tyler
"Did" - Me
"Did?" - Both of them
"I played soccer for 12 years until I got a knee injury" - Me
"Wow, that sucks..." Jamie said and I just nodded my head.

Daniel came back and we said goodbye to Jamie and Tyler and walked to the car while discussing the game. We stopped at a grocery store so we could buy some snacks and watch movies when we got home.

This day might be special for some people with partying and drinking, but my New Years was special in a different way.