Chapter 4 - Suporting Daniel

December 28th
Sarah's POV

We got to the house after almost an hour of driving, me and Daniel got out of the car and stood and stared at the house.
When dad said it would be a bit bigger  he really did underestimate. This house was huge.

We walked after the well dressed guy, I now know as Martin, in to the house and started looking around in the different rooms.
Me and Daniel walked side by side discussing the rooms and the difference from home.

We met mum and dad in the kitchen and they told us to pic whatever room we wanted and start to unpack. I rushed up to one of the rooms that I remembered have both a walk in closet and a personal bathroom.
Daniel came in and sat on my bed as I were unpacking my clothes.

"What am I going to do?" He said
"About what?"
"Hockey? I still have school unlike you"
"Try out for the school team or something"
"I guess I can do that, but what if I'm not good enough?" I walked over and put an arm around him with an annoying sigh.

"You are good enough, I haven't seen them play but you are good. Back home you played with guys 3 years older than you because of your skill so don't say anything else."
He looked at me and smiled then hugged me.
"Thanks sis, you really are the best"
I laughed and said, "I'm your only sister so of course I'm the best" I said and he laughed to.

Happy to have lightened his mood I came up with an idea.

"Hey, have you unpacked yet?" I said
"Not everything, why?"
"Let's go and have a look around town." He looked at me with a weird face and i sighed.
"Just follow me and don't say shit"

We walked down the stairs finding our parents in the kitchen making some kind of list.

"What's that?" I asked

"Shopping list, we need food" mum said and it made my plan even better.

"Daniel and I wanted to drive past his school so we know where it is" I said

"Okey you can take one of the cars but only if you drive." Dad said and pointed at me

"Okey, if you want we can do the shopping so you can unpack since you have more than us to do"

My mum looked at me with a smile and finished the list and hugging us both.
"Can you pay for now and I'll give you money when you get home?" Dad said and I nodded taking the keys to one of the cars.

We put on our shoes and I took my bag and walked out and began our little sightseeing.
The car was also bigger than everything else so it felt like we ruled the roads.

We drove around for a while when Dan (short for Daniel) wanted to stop at the store we just passed.
I drove there and parked seeing we where standing outside Rally House and I chuckled and walked behind him inside.

He of course walked right over to the hockey stuff and me walking around looking at everything.

"Hello can I help you with something?" I heard behind me and turned around fave to face with one of the workers.
"Not at the moment" I smiled and walked over to Daniel.

"Find anything?" I asked
"Yep, I'm getting the hoodie" I looked at it and really liked what I saw.
It was a simple hoodie with the text "Dallas Stars" over the chest and with what I assumed was their logo after it.
I wanted one right away and found one in my size taking both to the checkout and pays for them.

We then made our way to the grocery store and got everything mum had wrote down, on our way home I decided to actually drive by Dans school and it looked pretty nice actually.
I looked over at him as I slowed down and he seemed scared or nervous.

"It's gonna be okey, you'll do fine. Besides you don't start until January right?"

"Yep, January 11th" he said and I started driving again.

We got home and helped mum with the grocery before heading up to our rooms to continue packing.

Dinner

Dad: "so New Years is coming up"
Me: "and? We have no one to celebrate with"
Dad: " the Dallas Cowboys organization is having a "party" for the staff and they asked me if we wanted to come"
Me: "where?"
Dad: " at the managers house, 20 minutes from here"
Me: "so it will be all old dudes with high rank there?"

Daniel started laughing and my parents sighed at my words.

Dad: " if you don't want to go you can take the tickets to the game and do something else you two."

I looked at him weirdly and he pointed to the envelope on the counter. Daniel went and looked at them.

Dan: "ARE YOU KIDDING ME!?"
I ran to him and looked at them to with shock.

Me: " how did you get them?"
Dad: " the company gave them to me in case you didn't want to come to the party"

" I'm going to the game" Dan and I said at the same time

Dad: "okey but don't distract the players" he said with a smile and I had to take another look at the tickets to understand.

Wait...

Glass tickets behind the bench to the Dallas Stars game on New Years eave.