It's Best Not to Think About It...Maybe.

Sudden. That was the best way to describe. What had happened between Dipper and Bill.

Unexpected. Wonderful. Confusing.

The warm touch of Bill's lips, the feeling of his hands as he pulled Dipper forward by the waist. The sturdiness of his chest as Dipper leaned in, too shocked to do anything but stand there like a statue before finally regaining consciousness and pushing Bill away. The other man was all wistful smiles and gentle looks.

Dipper felt like his brain was about to explode.

"Ugh." Dipper collapsed onto his bed and buried his face in his pillow.

Needless to say, it had been one hell of an awkward drive home.

"What the hell was that for?" Dipper demanded, wiping at his lips.

"It wasn't for anything, Pine Tree. That was completely free of charge."

"He always says the most ridiculous things." Dipper murmured into his pillow, rolling over to face the ceiling. And when he returned to the mystery shack, he'd been scolded by his Grunkle Stan who told him he'd be working at the shack all day tomorrow to make up for the lost time today.

Dipper thought back to the afternoon he'd spent with Bill. Glancing over, his eyes fell upon the brown teddy bear he'd made – the one with the cute little glasses and the Sherlock Holmes style hat. It was adorable.

But Dipper would never actually say that out loud.

Bill had made Dipper laugh more than he had in a long time. Even with Mabel, things had become a little tense after the accident when they had turned thirteen. The secrets that lay between them made it hard for them both to act completely honest around one another.

Not that Dipper didn't love Mabel. His twin was still the most important person to him in the world.

Around Bill it was something different. The guy was smooth and charming. But he was also a total idiot. He pretended to be cool when in reality he was actually silly and lacked any semblance of common sense.

He was impossible. Ridiculous. And utterly fantastic.

But Dipper really didn't have time to delve into what those things meant to him. He had a history to unlock. And right now, even though Bill was his greatest clue as to what happened four years ago, he was also Dipper's greatest impediment.

Sighing, Dipper sat up and turned to the teddy bear sitting on the desk beside his bed.

"Little Dipper eh?" He spoke softly, a small smile forming on his lips. Geez, that guy really knew how to get under his skin.

Taking the detective hat off of the stuff's head, Dipper replaced it with the ball cap Bill had given him earlier that day.

"Sorry buddy. He's in your hands now." Dipper murmured, leaning over to kiss the bear's nose.

There. He'd stop thinking about it. Stop thinking about him, if that was even possible.

"Pine Tree." They had pulled over outside of Greasy's, and Bill had put the car in park so he could turn to look at Dipper. Still somewhat angry, Dipper didn't respond, but offered Bill a small glance before turning back to the window. Suddenly, he felt a hand on his shoulder and he was facing Bill head on, the other man's blue eye gazing into his own. Dipper froze, his heart leaping into his throat.

"If it bothers you, don't think about it too much." Bill stated, searching Dipper's face. The brown haired boy wanted to turn away – he could feel the tell-tale heat of a blush rising in his cheeks.