Deal with a Demon

Bill stared at the platinum haired boy, before snorting in an attempt to hold in his laughter.

"I don't know if you've noticed, Gideon, but I'm not exactly in a state to be making deals right now." He stated, meeting the other boy's pale blue gaze.

"Really Bill. And why is that?" Gideon smiled, seemingly unfazed. Bill rolled his eyes, his laughter immediately coming to a stop. He was in no mood to deal with Gideon's games.

"If you really need something done, go do it yourself." Bill turned away, getting to his feet.

"I can't do it alone. I need you, Bill."

"And what would this deal entail for me?" Slamming his hands onto the table, Bill leaned over to gaze down at Gideon ominously. "If this is a deal, then what will I get out of it?"

"You really haven't noticed, have you?" Gideon tilted his head, blue eyes flashing.

"Noticed what?"

"He's already started remembering." Gideon's voice fell, and he stood, leaning forward until he was whispering in Bill's ear.

"The seal on Dipper Pines' mind has already begun to crumble. And when it's gone, you'll be in power again." Bill jerked away, taking a step back.

"Whoop – de – doo. So what? I can get Dipper to remember on my own terms. Why on earth would I need to make a deal with you?" Bill's golden eye narrowed. Gideon shrugged, leaning back and pulling something from his bag and holding it up.

It was the third journal.

"Where did you get that?" Bill reached out, but Gideon quickly shoved the journal back in his bag.

"Nuh,uh,uh. I'll be playing no games with you this time, Mr. Cipher. I'm in charge now, and you will be doing exactly as I say." Gideon beamed, sitting back in his chair and crossing one leg over the other. He gestured at Bill to take his seat again as well, and the blonde haired boy begrudgingly obliged.

"Now, our sweet little friend Dipper never took a liking to little old me in the first place. I doubt that will change this time around. But you on the other hand..." Gideon tapped his fingers on the table, sending Bill a side long glance.

"So what? The kid is curious." Bill shrugged. "He thinks I had some connection to his past."

"And you did, Bill. You know everything. You still know everything. And in order to get your powers back, I'm sure you will take full advantage of that knowledge. All I'm offering is a way to speed up the process a little bit – in return for a little insurance, if you will." Gideon's fingers stopped, and he leaned across the table.

"When you get your powers back, you will not be able to use them on or against me or my precious little Mabel. I'll not be having you locking her away again. You'll let us leave this town, and you will never dare to interact with us again. Am I being clear, Mr. Cipher?" Gideon flashed a dimpled smile.

Bill gritted his teeth. How dare this human treat him this way? Did he have any idea who he was talking to?

A rage Bill had long ago restrained began to resurface, bubbling up and searing his mind red. He wanted to laugh. He wanted to reach across this table and torture that smile right off of Gideon's face. He wanted to beat him down until there was nothing left - to ruin him and everything he held dear.

Instead, Bill gave a bitter smile.

"Crystal." He responded.

"Then, do we have ourselves a deal?" Gideon asked, reaching out a single hand across the table. Bill took it, meeting Gideon's blue eyes. This kid had no idea what he was getting himself into. Apparently, he hadn't learned his lesson the first time: never make a deal with a demon. Even if that demon was wearing a human skin.