Living With The Boys

| Warning! May contain a lot of spoilers. Read at your own risk. |

______________________________

Living With The Boys
by @DreamedOfParadisexox

(So I didn't quite figure out her name. She types FallenTears on a few chapters, but maybe it's just her pen name. And her real name is Danny. Maybe. I've met Macie. She's a friend of hers and she also writes some of the chapters. But of course, it's mostly of Dannys.)

Okay! I figured it out! Actually she was the one who told me about it. This was Maia's work. Yes, this is her work of art. Danny and Macie was part of it but Maia mostly did everything. Thanks Maia!

The title itself lured me to read this story. Living With The Boys. A girl stuck with four boys for a whole summer? That's one hell of an experience.

And a hell of an experience it is. It only took me a week to finish reading this book. Yes, I'm not lying. Since I'm totally addicted to this, then let's just say I feel like a nerd with her eyes stuck on her mobile phone reading a bunch of words. My friends told me that. But I am telling you, there are not only some 'bunch of words'. Within those words, are imaginations clinging from a writer.

The best part in reading is imagining the character's appearance, the place, the atmosphere, etcetera, etcetera. And that's what I did. I pictured every character so correctly that it feels so real already. Writing about bad boys is harder than you can imagine. You have to gradually develop the character little by little up to the point where he gets a soft side. But to Danny, it's probably the easiest thing in life.

What I mostly adore in this story is the brother-sister relationship between Kathleen and Andrew. They may fight like crazy, but the fact that Andy is very protective of Kath, makes the aura so sweet. And very touching to read. The craziness of them make me say, "Awwh, I wish have a brother just like Andrew."

Katheen: Night Andy. *I say kissing his hair, he murmurs something, still in dream world as I walk out of his room and shut the door softly*

And this just shows how Andrew is so protective of his sister. He really likes to know everything about her.

Andrew: Who was he?!
Kathleen: Nobody!
*Andrew licks his thumb and brushed it roughly at Kath's cheek*
Kathleen: Stop, that hurts!
Andrew: Is that a bruise?
Kathleen: Andrew, shut up!
Andrew: Answer me!
*silence*
Andrew: Kathleen Maria Jones, if you don't answer me, I'll splash this water all over your face and see for myself.

Andrew: You have five seconds to explain what happened.
*(Kathleen) Shit, he's giving me the eye.*

The boys have been added to my Mr. Right list. I find Kayden very amusing when it comes to his humor. He makes me laugh all the time. So yeah, I had fun with him.

Eric, on the other hand, I find very cute and appealing. Why? Well, what else the reason would be? Ehem. Books. It's so charming to think that a boy likes to read books a lot. I think Eric spends half of his life reading. And the rest are just miscellaneous, just working.His most famous move that I completely adore? Shooking his glasses up to his nose. *smirks*

You wouldn't dare to know how I pictured Andrew. And how I used to imagine him to look like. Well, he's probably be as gorgeous as Ryan Kelley. Okay ladies, search him up!

Last but not the least, Jake the emo bad boy. As cocky and badass as he sounds, he can melt every girl's heart and turn their stomachs to churn in excitement, just with his presence. Sometimes, readers can have a huge crush over a character in a certain book, especially when the author describes him perfectly. It did happen to me. Exactly from this book. But I do therefore conclude that it's a true kind of love. Because you love him for his personality not with his looks.

"There will be no longer a sequel."

I bet you all freaked out and stopped reading the last chapter from the moment you read that in Chapter 27. It was quite an astonishing entrance, Danny. Quite astonishing. But why would I give up reading the story? She never gives up in writing either. That's why she made a sequel.

And I was like, "Thank God, she made a sequel. *exhales* I mean, she should be."

The ending was very emotional. Kathleen didn't even have a chance have fun with them for the last time before she goes off to New York. But it's a good thing that they got good vibes before leaving. It was the letter that I got too carried away by my emotions. Touched my heart so dearly, that if I was the one reading Jake's letter, I would be voicing out a lot of awes. And maybe I'll sue myself for being a such a badass to Kathleen in the first place.

All in all, it was a romance-comedy movie, mixed into a tragidy in the end. A pure doze of entertainment and drama. Made my eyes glues to the screen of my phone everyday, by the way.

Yet again, Maia had done a real great job.