The First Day of Practice

Alright so we three entered the auditorium at 11:41 but we were not the last ones. As soon as we entered, the teacher incharge of our act stood up and asked for silence. She explained us about our part in thus annual function, "since its your last year in this school, you all will be doing a fashion show which will hold two rounds, the first round is the  ethnic wear and second is the formal." She handed over a set of papers to write the name and the round we are in, one can take part in both of the rounds too. Anyway, I spot Yogita standing near the teacher, getting to Yogita without being spotted by Avni or Adnaan was not so easy. I waved, but instead of saying, Hey, she asked me a pen and regardless of not getting a perfect reply I still gave her a pen and saw that she wrote her name under the ethnic wear round. Though I really wanted to take part in the formal round, I went opposite of my mind and finalised the ethnic wear round. She asked me about writing my name, to which I replied, "write it wherever you would love to", and she wrote it under the ethnic wear round. Suddenly, her phone, rang up and it was Saurav, her boyfriend who was not happy about my friendship with Yogita. I knew it was my time to take an exit from the scene and Naisha shouted from another corner, "Garv! Bring it here."

So I took the paper to her, she was sitting on the desk along with her group, where she wrote her name also under the ethnic round to which I asked, "what about your exam?" As she told me before that she was having an exam in her coaching centre and she won't be able to take part in the show. "Surprise", she replied. This wasn't a surprise, this was a lie.

I skipped a conversation with her and went to Avni and Adnaan, Avni exclaimed, "journey from formal to ethnic, ahem ahem."

"Because Yogita is taking part in it", I replied.

"Come on Garv, you need not to go back to her, she has used you a bunch of times, but you always forget what she did to you before", Adnaan added.

"I am not going back to her, even, I never went away from her, we have a little argument sometimes and she isn't using me, its just the help which friends ask for", I exclaimed. And I heard a voice, "Adnaan, I have written our name under formal round and Avni's under the ethnic." I turned back and saw that it was Sanika.

After a seven minute long discussion about where we are going after the school, Avni stopped us and pointed towards the teacher. She stood up again and said, "we are going to have a total of 3 practice sessions, but I request everyone to practice as much as they can at their home. The first practise session is today and we will be having a session at school every second day. Today, I will tell you the way you have to walk and we will select the pairs on the second practice day."

I really hoped that I get Yogita or Naisha as a partner, but getting Yogita as a partner was less possible as Saurav was going to be her first choice but getting around Naisha, Akash was in the formal round so I could really ask her.