Sydney

"Mom it's time to go to the airport!" I yell from the bottom of the stairs and grab my black bag, Jesus it's so heavy.

"Oh sweetie please promise me you'll be okay!" My mom starts kissing all over my face and I slowly push her away

"Mom don't worry okay? Ill be fine, I'll text you when I get there." I kiss her forehead and we say our goodbyes. 

I bring my bag once again and go to the door, opening it to be greeted with the warm summer breeze. I wasn't supposed to drive there, I was supposed to go with Anna and Chris but I haven't been able to talk with her since the day I gave out my weak side. 

I unlock my car and place my bag in the trunk, I close it and give my mom a last hug. Jeez she's acting like I'm never coming back, it's just like three weeks. I get in the car and wave one last time before starting the car, the soft music of Brand New playing in the background and I'm off.

The streets all look the same and for once I'm thankful that I had to wake up so early, it's 5 a.m but at least I don't get caught in traffic. It's much more serene than the usual yelling/honking of the old dads who think they're better than anyone.

I pull into the airport parking lot just as my favourite song starts playing, Jesus Christ, and I contemplate on staying in the car a minute longer. I have no doubts about this going absolutely wrong, I'm stuck for three weeks with a bunch of people that hate me in freaking Australia. With Luke there and the only person that knows my birthday is in three days is Anna.

I muster all the bravery in me and get off the car, I take out my bag and lock my car. I walk through the cars towards the entrance, once I get there (after tripping once or twice) I see my entire class laughing and having fun. 

Maybe they won't even notice me, besides I'm dressed as carelessly as possible. A large sweart shirt,  that cover the black shorts I have under and black thighs.

I walk over to them and my teacher gives all of us our tickets. 

"I guess we'll be plane partners." I turn around to face Anna, I almost smile for a split second before keeping a straight face, nodding and walking away.

"C'mon you can't mad at me forever, I've told you sorry what more do you want?"  She follows me until I stop abruptly, my frown falters for a second before I see Cam and his pack walking by.

"Hey Claire you coming or do you have to text more nerds?" He and the others laugh walking away, I turn my gaze back to Anna who has her signature puppy sad eyes. 

"I want that to stop." It's all I say before I go to check-in

We don't have to wait long for the plane and once I finally get to my seat I just fasten my seatbelt, plug in my earbuds and doze off.

-

After 20 hours of being stuck on this plane with Anna and 2 crappy airplane meals we land. 

"Welcome to Australia." It's the first thing I hear when I turn off my iPod I turn to Anna and simply give her a tight smile. We take out our bags from the compartment above us  but we can't damn why am I so lanky?

I see a pair of arms above me and it's Chris, he takes ourbags and we both thank him, we leave the plane side-by-side. Not saying anything for a minute before she speaks up.

"We're done, I told him and we broke up." I turn to her and place my hand on her shoulder

"He deserved to know." I say as we approach the exit

"Yeah but- wow." She stops and freezes looking forward, I look and it's Michael and Luke...

Anna drops her bangs lunging towards Michael and throwing her arms around him. Luke is looking straight at me but I look away and start to walk away, I can't do this right now.

I speed walk to the exit until I am pulled back. I fall straight into Luke's chest

"Please please don't leave just give me a minute." I feel my cheeks heating as his arms are wrapped around me. His muscles flexed tightly around me, he doesn't even allow me to move. I look at his blue eyes and I'm reminded why I fell for him the first time.

"Luke, I-"

"Hey slut, on a new boy again?" I hear Cameron yell in my left "you're such a whore Claire." He laughs out.

I look down, and s squeeze myself out of Luke's grip. But I didn't have to squeeze out, he let me go. Luke is walking towards Cameron.

"Who do you think you are to talk about her like that?!" He yells at Cam. I run to him, holding onto him to make sure he doesn't do anything stupid

"You're defending the freak? You're a joke man." He smirks at Luke and I know Luke wants to punch him because he, clenches his hands into fists, I wrap my hand around his right fist and he holds onto my hand for dear life.

"You talk about her like that or you even come near her and I'll kill you, got it?" Luke spats at him.

"Ill talk to bitch the way I want to, you got it?" Cam says stepping forward, practically on Luke's face.

Luke was about to burst I know it, I just beat him to it.
I pushed Cameron back and punched him square in the jaw.

"You'll start treating me with respect." I yelled in his face, before he could do anything I was walking away with Luke.

I walked out the door with Luke and it's so warm, it's even more beautiful than I imagined and the feeling in the air is just so homie, I feel like I'm home, an actual home. I feel free, I can finally stop worrying about Cameron.

"Claire that was incredible." He turns to me, holding my hand.

"You stood up for me, thank you so much." I said and got on my tip toes to kiss his cheek

"Ca-Do you want to go out with me tonight? Please?" He says and I smile because for the first time I feel like I can trust someone again

"I'd love to Luke."

***********
This took me ages to write I'm so so sorry but I just had no idea of how to write this aahahahh, I guess I got it kinda, I hope.

Love you all lovelies!!!!

Alex out