The call

"Hey" i asked, when Cat finally picked up her phone.
"WHY DIDNT YOU RESPOND!!!" She answered trying so hard not to shout.
"Because you already know the answer. I have told you this a hundred times! Its nana Youngs 91st birthday and i want to be there! And besides even if i didn't want to go, my parents would never let me go to a house party when there out of town , you know that!"
"Yeah but all you needed to say was that your sick or you didnt want to go and then you just needed to sneak out!"
I explained again and again why i wouldn't and how i would get grounded for AGES if they found out!
"But they wont find out! Come on!! For me!" She begged. Even though i couldn't see her, i could sense she was doing puppy dog eyes through the phone.
"Fine! But on one condition! We leave before 10pm, 11:30pm latest and you get your parents to tell my parents that i'm staying at yours!"
She was silent for a moment when suddenly she spoke.
"O.."
She stopped.
"K"
I knew a) her parents  probably didnt even know she was going out and b) she was never going to them to say that she was allowed to go out as they hate Alex with a passion. We ended the conversation with bye and hung up.
So we had the plan, if it would work was another matter!