12pm

It was 12pm by the time Cat and i got off the phone. Around an hour later i heard a famillar voice from down stairs, but i couldn't quite make out who it was. Then i heard Cat's voice talking to dad. "Taylor, Caitlins here to see you." Dad called from the hall way. I put my phone on my mini night stand and went quickly down the stairs. "Hey Cat! What you doin' here?" I asked suspiciously. She pointed to the living room where Joe Smith (Cat's dad) was siting opposite my dad chatting away about football, as they were close friends. Wait a minute, Dad nor Cat told me that Joe and dad were meeting up. So I'm guessing this was a suprise visit which has NEVER happened before. Which also means this is probably about tonight. Hold up! How on earth did she get him on board so quickly? Why on earth would her parents let her go to a house party on NEW YEARS EVE of all nights, at ALEX's  house, Cat's boyfriend that they HATE with a passion? By this point i was so confused and a little worried. I mouthed the word 'how' at her and she pointed to her ear signalling for me to listen to the conversation they were having.

"Caitlin has told me you guys are out of town tonight," Joe said to Dad. " and i'm not sure if your aware but the girls are hoping to go to a party tonight for a couple of hours at their friends house."
My dads expression changed from smiling at Joe to giving him the 'what the heck did you just say' face mixed with the 'your a crazy person' face. This was not going well.