Chapter 12

It wouldn't stop. It just wouldn't. The knocking on my door, wouldn't end. I knew it wasn't Lilah, cause she'd texted me saying she'd be out late, well I should probably say early. Apparently not home until 6:30 AM of the next morning early. 

I was curled up on my bed, still upset over what had happened at the club. I didn't know why I was so upset, it wasn't like Harry and I had done anything or we were dating. 

"Ariella!" I heard a voice to go with the pounding, "I'm not leaving until you talk to me!" It was Harry's voice. "Go away!" I screamed, trying to make my voice steady and even but it betrayed me, cracking half way. I jumped as my phone rang, it was Harry. "Just go away!" I cried into the phone, Harry's breathing made it sound like he was just as upset as I was. 

"Let me in" he said, I shot to my feet. "Fine!" I screamed as I swung the door open. Harry stood in front of me in grey sweat pants and a white t-shirt. He was barefoot, his eyes were red but nevertheless he stood there, staring at me. With Harry now in front of me, I became acutely aware of the fact I was wearing a tank top and no bra. 

He pulled me into his arms, "I'm sorry" he said while smoothing my hair down my back. I felt my blood heat and my cheeks flush red as I unsteadily wrapped my arms around his waist. "I- I can't loose you" he muttered. My heart warmed at the words and I felt my heartbeat pick up into cardiac arrest. 

Pulling away, I twisted my fingers into his and walked him into the bed room. He followed me without complaint. "I didn't mean what I said in the way you took it" he murmured, twisting our fingers together. He stared deep into my eyes and I felt like he could see all of me, see all of my secrets and see everything that I held dear. 

"I know that now, I'm sorry I said that I went off on you like that" I said back, his lips quirked up in a sad little smile . "It's okay. I actually think you're pretty cute when you're mad" I laughed lightly, "If you had said that to me while I was mad, it wouldn't have ended well" 

"I don't know what's happening to me, Ariella" he admitted softly. "What do you mean?" I asked, voice gentle. "Usually if I saw a girl like you, beautiful I mean, my only objective would be to sleep with them... but with you... I just don't know" I stared at him, was he feeling just as confused as I was about his feelings?

"I don't normally want anything with a guy, so what I'm feeling for you... it scares me" I admitted rather reluctantly. I didn't want to admit it to him, but after he had said that i knew I needed to. 

"I've only known you for  a few days... And I already can't imagine loosing you" I gasped, he had just described what I felt perfectly. 

I grabbed his hand with mine, "I didn't want to admit this... But you just described what I feel perfectly" I had to stifle a gasp as one of his full smiles broke out, both dimples in full view. It truly was a breathtakingly beautiful smile. 

"You won't loose me" he said, smile fading. I glared at him mockingly, "Yes. I will. You're Harry Styles, I'm me. Ariella Mitchell, born and raised in Floral City, Florida. Not a pop star, not... anything" He reached up and caressed my cheek with his hand, causing me to shiver.

"Listen to me Ariella, you are something to me. You're the most beautiful girl I've ever met in my entire life, you've made me happy and made me feel alive. I don't want to loose you because..." he grinned at me like it was some kind of inside joke "The way that you flip your hair get's me overwhelmed" he sang the lyrics from the song What Makes You Beautiful.

"No really, Ariella. You're everything I want in a girl an-" he broke off, "I want you to know that I'll always protect you, so I'm going to give you this" He pulled his hand away from mine and reached up to unclasp a necklace.

He slipped a necklace off, a silver paper airplane, and got farther behind me on the bed. He swept my hair off my shoulders and clipped it around my neck. It felt cold but I reached up and wrapped my fingers around it.

"It was a gift from..." he hesitated "Someone I care about. Keep it as a reminder that you won't ever be alone" I nodded and looked up at him, "Why do you care so much?"

"I don't know" he said softly smoothing my hair back behind my ear and looking kindly into my eyes, "I just know I care for you, more than I probably should" 

I was surprised when he leaned forward and brushed his lips against mine. I gasped, but before I could say anything Harry interrupted me, "Let's go to bed"