Chapter 3- The Waterfall

I screamed, but the rushing water drowned out everything I said. Screaming was pointless. I searched the water desperately for my friend. She had been dragged underwater from being shot. This is my fault, I thought. I knew there was nothing  I could've done to avoid  it, but I felt  like  it was my fault. I saw Lily fighting for air weakly and dove after her. I have to get her to the surface, I told myself as I held my breath and jumped after Lily.

I tried to pull Lily to the surface, but I kept slipping on the rocks. I was losing air fast and running out of time. I fought for an idea, but nothing came to my mind. Adrenaline pumped through me and I instinctively pushed off the bottom of the river and I got Lily to the surface. "Lily? I asked. "Lily?!?" I said more urgently. Lily didn't answer. Panic surged through me, why didn't she answer? She saved my life, I murmured.

We approached the waterfall. I knew this was it, time to let the world decide if I was going to survive through this, or not. I tried one final time to fight the current and make it out, but again my hooves slipped on the pebbles and I was dragged down the waterfall. I grabbed Lily before I had fallen, but I couldn't hold her for long. I was running out of air, but I  couldn't get to the surface, and soon I was greeted by a relaxing darkness.