ii.

02 | GIFT EXCHANGE

02 | GIFT EXCHANGE

After Edmund and Lucy had changed into dry clothes, the kings, queen and the knight had all gathered in Caspian's room, where anything from Telmar that was important had been stored away. Including Peter's sword, Lucy's healing cordial and dagger, plus Susan's bow and arrows, and the shield with Aslan craved on it.

"Look, Susan's, bow and arrows," Lucy exclaimed.

"Lucy," Caspian called, holding out a box.

"My healing cordial and dagger," Lucy smiled, "Oh, may I?".

Caspian nodded, "Of course, they're yours,".

Edmund perked up, walking towards an object that was leaning against the wall, "Peter's sword,".

"Yes. Looked after as promised, here you can hold it if you'd like," Caspian replied, handing the sword to Edmund.

"No, it's yours. Peter, gave it to you," Edmund said, Caroline sighing as she saw the look that crossed his faced.

"Screw, Peter's, sword right?" Caroline stated.

Edmund grinned at the girl, removing his hand from hers before unclasping the necklace from around his neck and placing it in her hand. It suddenly felt weird for him to take the necklace off, he had been wearing it for the last year and now it was gone, back to the girl who gave it to him.

Caroline softly chuckled, "It's my necklace,".

"Please, not the necklace," Lucy mocked, "He never took that off, it was like his lifeline,".

Caroline chuckled, "A guard found one of your shirts in the castle after you left but you're not getting it back,".

"It's all yours," Edmund smiled.

Caspian laughed, "Come on you lot, Drinian, is waiting for us,".

♞♞♞

"Since you two left us, the giants of the north had surrendered unconditionally. Then we defeated the army in the Great Desert, there has been peace across all of Narnia," Caspian explained.

"Peace?" Edmund repeated.

Caspian nodded, "Within nearly three years,".

"Three years too long," Caroline sighed.

"I agree," Edmund replied, "But a year for me – us, I meant, for Lucy and I,".

"Have you found yourself a queen in those three years?" Lucy asked, ignoring her brother and Caroline.

"Not one to compare with your sister," Caspian said.

"Hang on. If there are no wars to fight, then why are we here? Not that I'm complaining, but still," Edmund questioned.

"That's a good question, I've been asking myself the same question," Caspian sighed, crossing his arms.

"So, where are we sailing to?" Edmund inquired.

Caroline chuckled, "You're asking a lot of questions,".

"I'm just happy to be back in Narnia," Edmund answered.

"Or back with Caroline," Lucy said, coughing between words.

"Before, Caroline and I, took back the throne from our uncle, he tried to kill our fathers most loyal followers – the seven lords of Telmar," Caspian informed, pointing to the drawings, "They fled to the Lone Islands, no ones heard from them since,".

"You think something's happened to them," Edmund said, examining the drawings.

"If it has, it's our duty to find out," Caspian replied.

Lucy interjected, "What's east of the Lone Islands?".

"Uncharted waters, things you can barely imagine, tales of sea-serpents," Drinian spoke, stepping forward.

"Sea-serpents?" Edmund echoed, a grin spreading across his face.

Caspian picked up an apple, taking a bite, "That's enough of your tall tales, Captain,".

Once the group had separated to continue doing their own thing, Caroline offered Lucy her room, considering the high queen was the youngest and then said she would stay below deck with the crew, Edmund instantly offering that she could share a cot with him. It still felt like a dream to Caroline, as if suddenly she would wake up and Edmund would just be gone, because it had been nearly three years in Narnia since he left – and god knows how long in England – and now he's back, hopefully for a long time.

a/n: Hello. It's me. I was thinking that I need more friends, you all should message me.

I don't know what I'm doing with life.