iv.

04 | DANCE LESSONS

04 | DANCE LESSONS

The group of four entered the old abandoned building, glancing around for any signs of danger. Caroline had her hand placed on her sword, sticking to the front of the group.

"Care, I know you're a Knight and all, but can you stay behind me?" Edmund pleaded.

"I'm not a child," Caroline muttered.

"Do as you're told," Caspian scolded, "You're not sword proof and you've already died once,".

Caroline rolled her eyes, "When did this become, gang up on Caroline, day?".

The two kings turned to each other, then looking at Caroline, "Since the day you got stabbed,".

Caroline mumbled childlike profanities under her breathe, rolling her eyes at the two before continuing to walk, ignoring their orders not to.

The large room was dimly lit, only specks of light seeping into the room from the roof, with a few statues of beheaded kings, cages and bells hanging from the roof, a small podium stood in the centre of the room, a book with names scribbled across it and crossed out lines.

"Uh, I'm ready to go when you are," Eustace called.

Edmund switched on his torch, allowing the light to hover over the book so they could read it.

"Who are all these people?" Lucy asked.

"And why have they been crossed out?" Edmund added.

"It looks like some kind of fee," Lucy stated.

"They're slave traders, that's why they're crossed out with the numbers next to them," Caroline informed, causing the three to glance at her, "What? I read,".

The bells above the four started to ring, someone letting out a battle cry and causing the group to look up, pulling out their swords. Edmund stepped in front of Caroline, causing her to scoff.

"I'm a Knight, stop treating me like a child," Caroline snapped.

"Now is not the time," Edmund replied.

"Both of you, shut up," Lucy interjected.

Caroline ran forward, attacking the unknown enemies before stopping upon hearing a girlish scream. One of the unknown men was holding the dagger Caroline gave to Eustace against the young boys neck, pushing him into the room.