Over the Moon ( Chpt 2 )

Arizona P.O.V

calliope was amazing this girl has already made me forget my rule to never let myself fall for someone that I depend on them. I stroked calliopes arm she was still asleep and her arms hadn't let go of me all night even after my bad dreams and the way I went all crazy she still held me. with Joanne my previous girlfriend things were never this comfortable if there was silence it's because we were fighting and she never held me at night instead we laid there back to back I hated it! "arizona?" calliope whispered. I could feel her warm breath against my neck and it sent chill through my body. "yes calliope?" "why are you awake?" "it's a school day we have to get ready remember?" calliope cursed under her breath and sluggishly got out bed pulling me out with her. I stayed holding on to her, she swung me around like a cheesy 60's movie and kissed me! "oh gosh arizona I'm sorry I didn't mean to im..." "I liked it calliope a lot, very 60's of you" I said winking at her. before I knew it we were dressed and heading to school. people didn't seem very friendly here but I was the new girl it was expected. today calliope told me she'd take me To see the swim teams coach.

after our government class we went to lunch and this time I wanted calliope to do all the talking and she hesitated at first but She finally gave in when I gave her my mega dimpled smile. "fine fine ill talk just don't smile at me like that Arizona" I smirked and urged her to begin talking and she did. I learned a lot, her family was fairly wealthy, she had been living in Huntington Beach since her freshman year , she has 1 younger sister named Isabel. she was in the volleyball team, she had been in a relationship with a girl named Addison for a few months and sadly calliope was a newborn lesbian Addison had been her first girlfriend. I had a rule about dating "newborns" but calliope had already had me breaking my rule on depending on someone. something about this gorgeous Latina made me feel like id fall for her hard and fast I had never had a connection like this so quickly with someone, I wasn't that type but calliope has something about her that made me feel like a surge of energy was being bolted through me! calliope was beautiful thick long brown almost black hair, eyes a dark brown with a hint of hazel, full luscious lips, a curvy body, caramel skin and a smile like no other she was breathtaking! I must have been deep in thought "arizona? you there? hey cute stuff come back to me!" "calliope ! I'm sorry I was just thinking of how gorgeous you are" I winked and I felt my blush take over my face. "aw that's so sweet thanks your not so bad either" she winked and like me her face turned tomato red.

the rest of the day went by quickly I couldn't stay at calliopes house tonight so I just headed home after saying my goodbyes to her we both hesitated in saying goodbye but we had a more than just friendly lingering hug.

when I arrived at my house my parents where home, "hey sweetheart how was your 2nd day of school?" I stopped at the dinning room and we talked about my day "it's great I made a few friend her name is calliope" "arizona you like this young calliope don't you?" my dad said entering the room. "what? daddy we just met, no" "arizona I'm your father please, I know I've never seen that twinkle in your eyes not even for Joanne!" he wasn't Joannes biggest fan and it was obvious she was always mean and disrespectful to my parents I didn't like it but I was never stern with how she spoke to them. "dad I do like her but I don't want to push things I just got here and were friends" "for now, I like that twinkle in your eyes it's different don't push her away because of Joanne.." there was silence, I hadn't even thought about comparing y sweet calliope to Joanne but now I was definitely doing it was mentally comparing them! "no daddy can I please go to my room now?" he nodded and I excused myself.

as soon as I got to my room I couldn't help but compare the few things I knew about calliope and all the things I knew about Joanne, even though I barley knew calliope she didn't have any bad in her, yet! but Joanne had plenty faults she just didn't compare to calliope! I once thought that Joanne was the one for me as she convinced me that I never find someone to love me like her, but calliope she had a huge heart you could see it in her eyes she could love me better but I wasn't ready for it yet either that I knew for sure. I was exhausted from all the things going through my head I got a text from calliope ( hey cute stuff *-: ) I replied immediately ( hey sweets :-* ) a few minutes passed and my phone rang it was calliope.

"yes calliope ?" "hi arizona" 'hi" "I was wondering if it wouldn't be to weird or soon for you if you'd want to go on a date with me" oh gosh I wanted to say yes but was it too soon I heard her release a breath and I knew I shouldn't let my thoughts get the best of me!

"I'd love o go on a date with you!" "great well tomorrow night?" "yea sounds great" "spend the night arizona?" she asked shyly "really calliope" "yes I mean if you want.." "yea I'd like to ill just ask and then we could go back to your house after the date?" "great sounds good arizona ill pick you up tomorrow!" "perfect ill be ready around 7, is that good?" "uuuuh how about 6? i have a few things planned and I want to have enough time!" "yea that fine, oh so you've been planning this?" I knew calliope was blushing I just knew her so well already. "uh yea I guess I've been planning to ask since you spent the night 2 days ago." "aww your the sweetest calliope, well ill make sure o be ready by 6" "good ill see you tomorrow at school and for our date, bye cute stuff!" "aww bye sweets can't wait!"

Friday .

school went by fairly quick and I was now back home getting ready for my date with calliope ! I was excited and nervous we had spoken at school and we spent lunch together but neither of us brought it up until we took our leave. she was so cute when she was shy I loved all those cute little things about her and we've only known each other 3 days! it was 5:30 and I was finishing my makeup I didn't like to over do it so I put on a white tank top, a red cardigan and black skinny jeans w/ some red sandals my toe nails had a clear gloss with a white flower and black center so i was matching. my make up was also subtle just some cat eye and lipgloss. it was now 6 & calliope was knocking on the door she was obviously punctual! I opened the door and she had red roses in her hands!

"omg calliope they are beautiful! thank you!" "there not for you arizona!" "what do you mean who else are you taking on a date tonight?!" I tried to hide the hint of hurt in my voice. "they are for your mom I thought I'd bring her some and introduce myself." "ohh how sweet of you, mom calliope wants to meet you" my mom was "hiding" behind the kitchen counter trying to listen she knew I was gay but she liked to meet the people I dated.

"calliope , mom. mom, calliope" "oh call me Kate, calliope" "hello Kate these are for you, you can call me callie." calliope said handing my mom the roses "oh these are beautiful callie thank you! I like this one arizona" mom said winking at me "mom stop were going now. can I stay at calliopes ?" "of course ill be expecting you home tomorrow for the family diner" "ugh okay fine ill be here before it starts" "thanks sweetheart now you can go have fun be safe take care of my baby callie!" "with my life Kate thank you for letting her" "no problem honey" with that me and calliope where off to our date .

calliope had convinced her parent to take the Cadillac so we were in their 2012 wine red Cadillac it was awesome!!!

"so where are we going calliope ?"

"it's a surprise now close your eyes were almost there!"

"what no way!!"

"please arizona pretty please!" she said with a pout.

"fine there closed!"

"I don't trust you arizona I brought a blindfold better safe than sorry"

"calliope there closed please dont!" I didn't have time to argue she had her hands behind my head and was tying the blindfold.

"your mean I hate this"

"sure sure now shush were almost here!"