Ch 2: Fighting Phoenix's

Chapter Two

Fighting Phoenix'

Alexis scowled something fierce, the paper boy standing next to her stepped away from her rather warily, "I just need a signature, Miss", he murmured timidly. Alexis shot him a smile, edged with danger and something harsh, "Yes. Just looking for a pen", she muttered and opened a few draws, slamming them closed after every few minutes.

X

The paper boy flinched every time a drawer opened and winced three times worse, whenever Alexis slammed the drawer shut, muttering irritably as she continued to ravish three more drawers in rapid succession. Too scared to ask, if he should come at a better, less violent time, the boy swallowed and waited patiently. He'd take a ravaging pit-bull dribbling drool all over the place as opposed to the fiery clearly pissed off young redhead before him.

"Alexis", a voice called from the doorway.

The paperboy stiffened. Correction if she was pissed off before; now she looked like a Phoenix. Her glare was piercing flame, and if she had the power to burn, the man standing in the doorway would have been incinerated to ash. Gulping he stepped away. Alexis turned to him, "Here", she indicated the pen in her hand, and signed the invoice, and then smiled politely.

The boy did not trust that smile. He all but bolted like a hare set free from a trap. The question any curious person would ask, who was stronger the Phoenix or the Ice Prince?

Steadily walking down the corridor, he cringed, as he remembered the second invoice he'd forgotten to sign, stalling he looked up and spotted the chief heading his way.

This is what a rat feels like between a Trap and a Flood...

Turning around he trudged back the ten paces to the Evidence room, mumbling the whole way. Ignoring his petulant behavior he pulled the strap of his bag higher onto his shoulder. There had to be less dangerous jobs out there.

X

Alexis scowled, as she watched the Paper boy bolt out of the room. Turning to Detective Kevin Ryan, she sighed. "Here to complain again? Or are you going to start whining about, 'Anyone could have seen that'?" she pitched her voice in a gruff squeaky manly voice. A feat remarkable in itself; Alexis sighed, "You know I love you right?" she asked at Kevin's continuous silence. "I forgave your idiotic masochistic mental illness, the minute you said sorry. I'm not even angry, just so frustrated. How do I explain to you, that this isn't some kind of test, to trust how far you would go for me. It's not even a mph..." Alexis blinked as she felt a pair of lips upon her own. Kevin was kissing her, with so much desperation, it was frightening; his arms around her waist squeezing her harder, stealing her very breath.

Kevin pulled away after a good minute, and murmured, "Two. I'll try", he whispered and tugged her hair. Alexis watched in shock as he stepped back, and placed a chaste kiss on her cheek, "I Swear", he said and then turned away, walking past the Paper boy who stood utterly gob-smacked in the doorway.

Alexis experienced a strange out of body experience, as Kevin pat him on the back, and walked out of the room.

"Miss?"

Alexis looked up as Frank Williams, The Paper boy, walked towards her and handed her a purple slip, "I forgot to take your signature on this slip as well", he said. Alexis numbly wrote her name, and date on the paper and sighed, opening her mouth to say something.

"Your secrets safe with me", Frank interrupted.

Alexis blinked at him stupefied. Frank grinned at her, "Besides whom would I tell, and for what reasons, it's not like I have a good reason to tell anyone. I'm just glad you're not pissed off anymore Miss. Castle", he murmured softly. "Fighting with the one you love, is never fun is it? But if we don't fight, it's really not worth it, right?" he said.