Ch 6: Snow White Encased My Heart In Ice

"The Truth is I wish I could tell you everything you want to know about me, and so much more, in the seconds it takes for us to breathe the same air, together. The honesty of what I am, it's not as beautiful as you make it out to be, I feel a part of me forever tainted. This is how I am, the complete tortured soul of death, and the stemming reasons of why I'm called Ice Prince. It was never just because of the partner I had to kill, or the drug deal that went south. Unfortunately this all started way too early. An act of innocence, in this washed out grey city of lies".

Alexis leant into the warmth of Kevin's arms; they'd bundled up their selves in a few dozen blankets, softly wrapped in faux fur, as they cuddled next to each other, with a Hot Chocolate Thermos and a few warm candles around them as they sat in Central Park.

"I'd only just moved to Brooklyn. Speaking of, I don't really know how I've ended up with a New York Accent?" he shrugged absentmindedly, "I was fifteen. Did you know American High schools, are unique. The Education Systems of UK, India, Japan and some parts of Europe are almost similar in design; where Classes are 1st to 12th Standard/Grade. In the US it's all freshmen, sophomore, junior and then finally Senior. So, as a foreigner to study in an American School, it was daunting", he smirked softly.

Alexis could feel his warm lips etched on the back of her neck. Smiling in spite of the situation, she leant into his warmth, again.

"I was an odd one out, couldn't have made friends, I had those. My family was my friends, I was happy, so in revolt I chose not to make friends, it's not a choice by association, and let's be honest why would I need a friend. Social norms have a guaranteed documentary: School Children are ten times more terrifying than any villain you'd meet on the streets of New York.

So my social standing was invisible, I had no friends, no acquaintances, no one to call my own.

Then there was her.

Skin as white as snow, lips ruby red, hair to her waist as black as a Raven's back and eyes as cold as Ice.

The Ethereal beauty of someone who seemed to have stepped off of the pages of a Grimm's Brothers story book, a fantasy comes to life.

Her name was Maryanna Louise.

I couldn't explain it to you if I tried.

We'd never formally met, I'd never spoken a single syllable to her, or saved her life, or told her a fascinating story of my homelands. I'd never sung her a song, or protected her from her bullies. We never shared a table. Or a desk. We were never paired together. For all intents and purposes we didn't think the other existed, we wouldn't have known if it weren't for morning roll call.

I knew her name, she knew mine.

For all her snow white similarities, her smile was never warm. It seemed almost as if we were kin.

There was something she would say, if any (men mostly) were to approach her, " I am not someone you want to warm the cockles of your heart. I won't sing a song in the middle of the day for no reason, and I will never hold your hand, should you choose to drown. If you come near me, I will transform you into an apple and eat you! "

Kevin laughed.

"It was ironic given how Snow White's death is by poisoned apple.

And yet men flocked to her, flocked to her quintessential truth, she was beauty they were the beasts. Two sides of the same coin. Do you think you could blame her? For hating all of mankind", he hummed, "I don't think I could argue the truth of who or what she was, She was simply put Maryanna Louise. Ice Princess", he smiled at the memory.