Ch 8: Family Forgiveness Part II

Chapter One

8: Family Forgiveness Pt II

The minute the door closed, the study plunged into absolute silence.

James sighed, "We really are idiots", he muttered eventually, suddenly exhausted with the turn of events.

Sam hummed, "Maybe we're being too hapless on purpose", and she laughed awkwardly.

Trace shrugged, "I'm new to this whole spectrum of reality, the only person I'd ever had as a family member was Daniel, but that at times was a distant relation. This is all new to me", he started, "Complicated family feelings, they don't reach me. I've only ever been with one woman my entire life, and she wasn't as awesome as the children she's given me. Her family never became mine, either. But you all have included me in yours", he shrugged his trademark laconic casual shrug.

"Trace?"

"I don't understand family. It's overwhelming, everyone has an opinion, people know each other's business', everyone is in everyone's space", Trace' voice increased in volume overriding the several echoes of his name.

He looked away, scratching his nose, "But it's warm", he concluded, "And it sometimes feels like there's this pain in my chest", he brought his other hand down over his heart, "This ache I can't get rid of, a pain I don't think I want to get rid of", he laughed softly a slow unhappy sound that echoed dimly in the room.

"I don't understand family, I don't get what the bid deal is", he smiled sheepishly, "But you gave me a place to call my own, a family to call my own. So, with that in mind, I have to say this", he looked up and stared at Annaha and Eric, or well all of them, "It's true what Alexis and Kevin have, uhm... Emerald and Kay", he corrected sheepishly, "-have is dangerous. And there will be a consequence if their secret comes out, but I think what they have is the purest form of love anyone could ever have. I kind of envy them", he shrugged again.

James sighed, "You idiot", he huffed and pulled on Trace' arm.

"Wha--humph!!!"

Trace blinked as the doctor kissed him.

A kiss is just a kiss until it's not just a kiss, Trace' eyes closed and without really thinking about it, he opened his mouth and relaxed, left hand coming up and holding on, almost desperately.

His lips tentatively brushed Trace', then lingered. He could feel his breath on his cheek, as his own caught in his throat.

This wasn't the first time they'd kiss, but it felt different. Gentle. A promise and a vow.

James pulled back first, "Idiot", he repeated softly and sealed their lips with another kiss.

This time it earned tumultuous uproar of praise.

"Yeah! Show 'em who's boss James!!"

"Go For It Trace!!!"

"Kiss of Life!!!"

"Whoohoooo!!!!"

"Hot Damn James!!!"

James and Trace pulled back, the former blushing so fiercely, he left his face in Trace' neck, "Shut Up!!" he mumbled in mortification.

Trace grinned winking at the screen, even as he let James hide.

Sam snorted, "Oh Man, you two are worse than Em and Kay", she laughed snickering at her brother's obvious discomfort.