Chapter Fourteen: Let's Meet The Ryans!

Kevin stretched as the car finally drove down the lane to their family home, "God", he groaned pitifully, It feels like every bone in my body is broken", he whined.

James snorted, "Oh baby boy, you still have one day before the actual pain begins", he leered cheekily.

"Hey!" Kevin pouted.

"Before we get out, I have a question", Trace muttered softly, the twins were still sleeping which was a blessing. Aaliya and Fatima were driving in behind them and they still hadn't seen the girls, apparently they'd stopped into town for some coffee and to freshen up.

"Yeah?" Kevin asked weakly.

"Alexis is eighteen already isn't she?" Trace asked.

"Yeah..." he sighed and turned to look out of the window, the clouds drifted by, as snowcapped mountains reached up to kiss the fluffy mists of air.

"And you missed her birthday because of the terrorists and her dad and your senior detective stuck in a freezer?" he queried.

"Yeah, I was barely there for Valentine's day", he sighed, "I know she loves me, and I love her, but that fight we had, that wasn't something I want to experience again", he muttered worriedly.

"And you won't", Trace hummed softly.

"You can't guarantee that", Kevin murmured as he spied movement in the front window.

"Yes, I can", Trace muttered.

"No, I can guarantee that you can't", he laughed and stepped out of the car, "But I appreciate the sentiment", he grinned down at him.

Trace sighed and followed him, grabbing Kevin's arm he stalled him, "No", he shook his head, "Listen to me", he stressed even as the door opened and he grinned, "I can guarantee it", he promised, and hurriedly added, "I booked a bed and breakfast not too far from the cotillion venue", he smirked, "Two nights, all paid, honeymoon suite", he smirked, "For you and Alexis", he smiled and handed him an envelope.

"Wha—"

But before he could wrap his head around that interesting bit of news, his attention was captured by the dazzling woman on the doorstep of his family home, her bright smile lightened a darkness he'd buried deep in his soul, stepping away from Trace he took a step forward, and that acted more like a signal than anything else, Alexis his love, flung herself off of the porch and ran towards him, Kevin couldn't help but meet her half way.

Alexis laughed as she jumped into his arms, and he lifted her up, twirling as her voice filled his soul with whimsical fun and as she melded into his body and kissed him hard. He was shocked at first but then he wrapped his arms around her waist holding her close as he leaned down into her body, her arms wrapped around her neck.

"I missed you", he whispered as the pulled apart, and she slid down his torso, boots hitting the ground.

"Missed you too", she whispered as she looked up at him, tears glistened in his sapphire eyes.

"I once mistook your eyes to be the color of emeralds", he murmured out of the blue.

"Yeah?" she asked softly, arms still wrapped around each other, "Is that where my nickname comes from?" she asked.

"Hm", he nodded and pulled back.

"And now that's they are actually blue?" she asked softly.

"Don't care, they're iridescent. The color of your eyes doesn't change how I feel about you", he murmured, "You're mine", he swore.