February 14th

February 14th,

            Valentine’s Day, the most romantic day of the year or according to Anabella, the most cliché day of the year.  I still wanted to do something special because it was out last Valentine’s Day in high school and who knows where we’re going to be next year.

            I came up with the most brilliant plan and set it in action.  If I knew Anabella, even though she thinks Valentine’s Day is cliché, she was going to love it.

            She walked through the front door after school and found a note sitting on the kitchen table that read simply, “Outside.”  She took slow steps towards the backdoor and opened it with great care.  I, standing outside in the middle of the porch, watched her face light up.  I had transformed the deck into a replica of the school’s rooftop.  All along the edges were flowers bursting to life with vibrant colors.

            She made her way over to me.  She grabbed the sides of my face and kissed me.  She loved it.  She let go and I took a step back.  I got down on one knee and said, “Anabella Risome, most beautiful girl I’ve ever met, the light in the dark, the happiness in the sad, the love of my life, will you make me the happiest man in the world and go to prom with me?”  Her eyes filled with tears, happy tears though.  She shook her head yes.  I got up and kissed her.  Best Valentine’s Day ever.